library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Is there an easy way to tell the LSF author's name on the site?

fooman42
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 5 Jul 2017 21:38
A lot of authors on the site use a different name to publish their work in LSF publications. For instance, Stanlegh Meresith just had a book published recently, but there is no author that I can find by that name on the site's story posting. I am wondering as I would like to read other work if possible before purchasing ebooks. I know that in many cases the author's profile page on the site will have a link to the LSF publications they have authored, but there doesn't seem to be a way to see what name they post under if you just have the LSF publication author's name.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 5 Jul 2017 21:54
You can click the Info button and scroll down to the author list, which will take you here: http://www.thespankinglibrary.org/index.php?func=auth
You can see the authors and their site user names (if different from their author name)

If the authors have published any ebooks with us, the details will appear on their author page. TheEnglishMaster uses the name Stanlegh Meresith for his commercial works.

Note also that we have a number of external authors who aren't LSF members.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 5 Jul 2017 22:18
For the crossword- or puzzle-minded, Stanlegh Meresith (absurd name that it is) is, of course, an anagram of TheEnglishMaster. This may not, however, be a universally helpful method of finding the Library version of an LSF Publications author's name.

fooman42
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 00:03
flopsybunny
Thanks for your response, but it doesn't really help. TheEnglishMaster saw and got what I was asking about. Thanks!

It might really be more of an issue with the profiles of the authors on the LSF Publications site (and it might be done this way on purpose to provide for some privacy to the authors, I am not sure). If there were a note in the LSF Publications page for each author saying something like "this author posts as..." one the LSF site (like the reverse of what they have in the LSF site author pages). They have that little "published as: Stanlegh Meresith" on the site page for TheEnglishMaster, but as he said, I doubt that every author out there uses an anagram of their website name to publish.
Of course I could read the ad on the front page a little better as well... had TheEnglishMaster in the ad right there for all to see :P That is embarrassing.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 01:34
I've modified the Author List software script to include the option 'Published'. This provides a list of published author names alongside their corresponding LSF author name. Note, we also publish a number of authors that aren't featured on the LSF. In addition, some authors prefer the linkage between their LSF author name and their published author name to remain private.

fooman42
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 07:15
Thanks Februs! that works great!

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 3
Alef, myrkassi, processdog, reader68, rickf, tsh1
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9