LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Chrome and the "close" button

fooman42
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 18 May 2017 17:47
Every once in a while I run into issues where the "close" button on individual stories and the library card. Usually this can be fixed by simply restarting chrome, but the latest version of google chrome this problem appears to stay even after a restart.

My current chrome version: 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

This problem usually tends to be worse when memory usage is high (but obviously not in this case, the problem is there on a fresh browser restart). I usually use incognito mode as well.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 18 May 2017 18:08
Someone else reported this a few days ago and said that the problem was resolved by updating Chrome. If that doesn't work I'd suggest an alternative web browser such as Firefox.

fooman42
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 18 May 2017 18:17
As I stated, this newest issue showed up immediately after the latest chrome update. I understand that I can use an alternative browser. I am simply pointing out that this problem is still present and it isn't new.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 18 May 2017 19:00
Chrome, with it's non-stop stream of updates is something of a major irritant and unfortunately Firefox have followed suit. The code behind the CLOSE button in the story viewer is the same as it's always been and uses a standard call to a function within an extremely widely used javascript library. I've made a minor update to these library scripts and set them to be available just for yourself at present - perhaps you could let me know via popup (or a Contact Us message) if that makes any difference.

p.s. if anyone else is having the same problem with Chrome and wants to see if the updated script library resolves the issue then send me a popup or Contact Us message and I'll activate it for you.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 14
Balor, CarolinaPaddler, silentmobius, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9