LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Pure fantasy

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 23 May 2011 11:15
I've always struggled to try to have a sense of -"It could possibly happen if highly improbable circumstances were to append" in my stories.
Then along came Nancy Wing with her marvellous and totally unbelievable but extremely enjoyable series Womspank.
I enjoyed them hugely even though they are pure fantasy.
I'd like to thank Nancy for liberating me from the mindset that there must be a semblance of reality (no matter how tiny) in any story setting.
Some time soon I'm going to see if I can do the same; but heartfelt thanks Nancy for showing me that I can thoroughly enjoy a spanking story that's premise is utterly preposterous.
Of course the quality of the writing helps in that it was excellent as well.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 23 May 2011 12:43
Back in the late 70s, I lived around the corner from a movie theater. I could clearly see the marquee from my bedroom window. When the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie came out, the marquee proclaimed, "You'll believe a man can fly." The reference was probably to the special effects , which were miles ahead of the Superman TV show from the 50s. (Wires were sometimes clearly visible when the TV Superman was "flying.") Or perhaps the logo on the marquee could be interpreted in another way. We all know that it is impossible for a man to fly without the aid of some machine, like an airplane, for example. At the same time, most or all of us are familiar enough with the Superman mythos, to know that, in the comic books, on TV, and in the movies, Superman can fly. To enjoy reading Superman stories, or watching Superman on the large or small screen, one must suspend belief. I went to see the Superman movie, and for 2 hours or so, I "believed" a man could fly. I certainly didn't believe it to the extent that I was going to jump off a roof and try flying myself, but I believed it while watching the movie, to the extent that I was able to enjoy the movie.
At this point, i haven't read any of Nancy Wing's stories, but one characteristic of a good writer is that he or she can write a scenario that allows the reader to suspend belief. Apparently, she has this ability, and on your recommendation, I'm going to check her stories out. Thanks, Jimisim.

nibra
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 23 May 2011 16:02
Dear Jimisim,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Womspank. It is so delightful when another writer praises one's efforts. It isn't only fun to read fantasy it is fun to write it too. It was only intended to be a single story, but the encouragement turned it into a series. thank you again.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 23 May 2011 17:35
It's all about a writer's ability to have his readers suspend disbelief. Fiction, all fiction, requires this. It can be done in any setting--contemporary, fantasy, historical or whatever. I have not read Womspank, sorry to say, but if it is about a fanciful world, that's perfectly fine, because if the reader can enter the writer's world and accept it for what it is, it does not make any difference if it is fantastic. There are only two things I think are important. The fantasy world must operate on rules or laws that are internally consistent and people must act like people ordinarily would given the setting and its culture. If that is done, the reader will accept what may be on the surface fantastic or unbelievable.

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 10
Balor, Euanwd, Ishmael, Keith99, Redwolf64, rickf, Seegee, Smachtai, TxSpank82
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9