Pre-plugs

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
blimp
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 26 May 2011 20:52
flopsybunny:
Be selfish and write for yourself.

That is the only way to be, Rollin. You must know you are an excellent writer! I don't think you should just write to please an audience. I mean no one pays us to write so you write at a length to please yourself and write about what ever you want. If I wrote M/F stories I would possiby have more readers but it wouldn't have the fascination for me that writing F/m does. I think the best work comes out of obsession. You can't be lukewarm about what you are writing. I have been trying to complete a non spanking short story for a competition for the last three months with little success because I can't put a spanking of any kind in it!! If only I could introduce a rather stern but attractive schoolmistress into it I should complete it in no time at all!

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 26 May 2011 23:02
Pink Angel
Those comments you quoted were very much tongue in cheek!
I'm very happy the number of reads I get which far exceeds my expectations.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 27 May 2011 01:07
rollin:
My philosophy of writing in this genre is stated on my author page and I'm sticking to it, even if it means my stories tank, like the last one. That particular failure has me rethinking my publishing model.

It's a good philosophy (I just re-read it), and you're right to stick with it. I agree with flopsy in disagreeing that your story tanked. Just write for yourself. If you want to change your publishing model, well then fine - so long as you keep posting your stories here.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#34 | Posted: 27 May 2011 19:01
njrick:
I agree with flopsy in disagreeing that your story tanked. Just write for yourself.

My problem is, I want it both ways. I can't write to the popular "spanko-story" model because it doesn't interest me. I won't do child spanking stories or DD relationship stories. When an idea seizes my imagination I go with it. And yet...and yet, I want it to entertain. I just got an interesting popup from twisted8 who said he opened Princess Tutor but wasn't in the mood for an historical story just then. I understand perfectly and wonder how many others came to the same conclusion.

Since this a pre-plug thread, just to give you an idea, here is what's in the can or nearly so

Gwen's Sorority Days--the finale(and this time I mean it)
Lady Ashley's Penance--may surprise you
Flash Gordon on Mongo--not a parody, but loosely based on the old serials
The Prom--what some girls will do to go to the prom
After the CP Act--a Texas correctional officer tells all
Psych Study---a poker hotshot agrees to participate in an unusual study of risk assessment
Mission to Altair 4--Federation agents must infiltrate a medieval culture on Altair to bring about a political marriage that will pave the way for a treaty, but a harsh theocratic regime opposes it.
Brenda Starr--the impetuous hot super model reporter is on the trail of a wealthy and powerful magnate who metes out punishment to attractive women based on some secret agenda. Her ex-marine boyfriend tries to keep her out of trouble, but he has his hands full. (Inspired by Guyde's recent story)

And a few others. Nothing conventional except for the Gwen franchise. They may fly, they may not.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 27 May 2011 23:44
rollin:
here is what's in the can or nearly so

Sounds like an impressive lot. Some people may not enjoy them (or even read them), but others will. Those you will certainly entertain.

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 10
Alef, capwill, DanishMan, derekjster, ferrula, jwads, olivergi
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9