LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

author's prolificacy

Page  Page 6 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#51 | Posted: 17 May 2011 13:01
it's a very straightforward matter: the writer writes for his own pleasure, the reader reads for the his own pleasure, but the magic moment occurs (and it is rare... to increase the delight) when a serie of words appears on the page and deeply echoes in the reader's mind.... i think the deep meaning of the writer's work is represented by this moment.... ( wonderful: the writer wrote from telepathic dictation...

Note: i wrote,in italien, the spanking novel (I dolori del giovane Gian Maria) i would read....
No pleasure in writing...no pleasure in reading....

Jacqueline2
Female Author

Scotland
#52 | Posted: 20 May 2011 15:36
Isn't it interesting that having read dicyverges comment we all start talking about alcohol? Perhaps less alcohol might mean greater productivity? Now let me think a little more about that .... no that's definitely a non starter! I'm sure that dicyverges was making an innocent comment and would happily explain the thinking behind it to us all .... in the pub .... oh and by the way while my main tipple is wine, when under pressure a large single malt .... Talisker is probably my favourite ... helps me to forget that I can't think how to finish that damned story!

Jacqueline2
Female Author

Scotland
#53 | Posted: 20 May 2011 15:38
Hmmmm .... I've just realised that my inability to concentrate for long enough to read the whole thread makes my last comment probably a bit silly! Another malt please!

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#54 | Posted: 20 May 2011 15:49
Slainte! I'll drink to that - whatever it was you said!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#55 | Posted: 20 May 2011 16:18
corncrake:
Slainte! I'll drink to that - whatever it was you said!

This reminds me of that scene in the movie "Cat Ballou" in which the broken-down alcoholic gunfighter, Kid Shileen (played by Lee Marvin), was shouting "I'll drink to that!" anytime anyone said anything inside the saloon in 'Hole-in-the-Wall,' trying to get someone to buy him a whiskey.

Not that I'm implying that anyone in this Library is a broken-down alcoholic gunfighter--I mean, there aren't that many professional gunfighters around these days... --C.K.

blimp
Male Author

England
#56 | Posted: 20 May 2011 19:31
Jacqueline2 does raise a good point. I also enjoy a drink. A toast is nice but unnecessary. I think for a recovering alcoholics forum we do talk about spanking rather a lot though.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#57 | Posted: 20 May 2011 19:49
In my opinion that is exactly the reason so many write stories, we are too drunk to stand up so therefore we sit and have to do something...LOL. I agree with Blimp when he says a toast is nice but unnecessary, unless of course it is a number of toasts all in a row, then they could be very necessary.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#58 | Posted: 21 May 2011 01:13
CrimsonKidCK:
Not that I'm implying that anyone in this Library is a broken-down alcoholic gunfighter-

Exactly! I'm not sure we have even one gunfighter here.

canadianspankee:
In my opinion that is exactly the reason so many write stories, we are too drunk to stand up so therefore we sit and have to do something...

I just tried to stand up in order to prove you wrong... but decided that it's better if I just write a story.

saetana
Female Member

England
#59 | Posted: 22 May 2011 02:39
Wheatwine:
Flopsybunny, are you talking about scotch? I always wanted to try single malt scotch, but never did. Perhaps, because Bourbon is the drink of choice in Kentucky, where I'm from.

You have never had single malt? Oh dear, you really have missed out, there are so many of them and they all taste different - I remember on our honeymoon my husband and I found a whisky bar with around 50 different single malts, I think that was a fun week, what I can remember of it. Admittedly being British I have far easier access to the plethora of single malts that are produced but not being British is not an excuse to NEVER have tried single malt - I've tried bourbon many times, love Jack Daniels but its very different from Scotch whiskey. Go on, take the plunge, you won't be disappointed, Glennfiddich is a good one for beginners to start with

EDIT - Posted previous paragraph before I read the whole thread, aside from nearly falling off my chair laughing I now can't get the posited picture of blimp's ass out of my head, that is not a good thing methinks

blimp
Male Author

England
#60 | Posted: 22 May 2011 11:12
saetana:
I now can't get the posited picture of blimp's ass out of my head, that is not a good thing methinks

Saetana, that is NOT, I repeat NOT a picture of my arse or ass, for that matter! It a scurrilous attempt at arse assassination!! Look at just WHO posted the picture! I wouldn't describe her as a reliable source! Would you?

Page  Page 6 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 4
capwill, demonhunter, hamerrh, JadeF, kepap, mike649649, Richard_Windsor, thribble
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9