Spanking Poetry Challenge - April 2011

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 18 Apr 2011 19:55
Contest name: LSF Poetry Challenge, April 2011
Contest description: Write a poem about anything you like that features spanking.
Originator: flopsybunny
Last date/time for submission: midnight Monday, 16th May
Voting: Tues, 17th May to Tues 7th June.

Following on from the earlier successes of our previous story contests, we are pleased to announce a new contest. This one is a bit different from the picture story challenges as it involves writing in verse. From earlier discussions, this idea will hopefully generate plenty of interest.

- Please write a poem about any aspect of spanking.
- The poem need not necessarily rhyme.
- It should be a minimum of 100 words in length. There is no upper limit.
- You can feature whatever orientation you prefer to write about - M/F, F/m etc.
- You can have more than one entry if you wish.
- All poems entered must not have been previously published anywhere on the internet.
- Please note that we do not allow works that feature sex between an adult and a minor, or distasteful material likely to cause significant offence.

All the contest poems will not reveal the authors name until after the voting has taken place. You, the library members can vote accordingly for your favourite poems.

How To Submit Your Poem For The Challenge

Poems can be submitted either by using the Contact Us button and pasting your poem into the message box or by sending them to our main email address. If you don't have our main email address then either message one of the site admins via the Activity screen (click the envelope icon to the left of the admin's name) who will message you back and give it to you, or send us a brief message again using the Contact Us button and we'll email you back.

Whichever way you do it please make sure your site user name is provided and you make it clear that the poem is for the contest. Preferred format for poems is plain text but as described elsewhere we can handle most formats including rtf, pdf, Microsoft Word and others.

Poems submitted for the contest will be pre-formatted and loaded to the library in the usual way except that they will initially be set to "restricted" so that they will not be visible to other site users.

When the voting begins the Story Contest screen will list all the poems that were entered but the author names will not be shown, just the story titles. The story contest software is accessible by clicking the Latest button from the site menu, and then the Contest button. When the contest is open for voting this button will be yellow, in the meantime there won't be much to see except details of the previous contests.

Users will be able to view all of the poems from this screen. Note that contest entries will not appear in the Latest Read table, nor will the Activity page show the story details of what is being read. Similarly, should you decide to comment on a contest poem you will only see your own comment and not those of others, nor will the comment show up in the Latest Commented list. And finally, if you decide to make one or more of the contest stories a 'favourite' it will only show up in your Favourites list when voting has concluded. All of these measures are simply to try and not reveal the names of the authors until voting has finished.

Voting
You can place your votes on every entry, and assign each one a score between 0 and 10. Authors can vote for their own stories if they want to - but please vote for all the others and not just your own! It will also be possible to change the number of points allocated to an entry either by voting on it again with a different number of points or by deleting the vote and starting over.

At the end of the voting period it will no longer be possible to vote any more and the poetry contest screen will then show the top 3 poems along with how many points each received. In the case of a tie or ties then more than the top 3 will be shown. Points awarded for the other entries will not be shown as it could well be demotivating or upsetting to an author if they received very few points. However, if a particular author really wants to know they can always send us a popup message and we'll provide the info.

If you have never written anything in verse before, now is your chance to have a go! You don't have to be an established spanking author to join in, and it doesn't matter if you have never written a poem before. Do try it - it will be fun reading all the entries.

Thanks and good luck everyone,
flopsy

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 18 Apr 2011 20:24
Cool, I shall definitely be giving it a go although I do have to say I am no great poet

Does sound like fun though!

kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 18 Apr 2011 22:47
I'll attempt to write one as well, but frankly ...... my poetry stinks!

I've already started trying to write one and ohhhhhhh! Not good! Good thing we have until May!

Katie B

kephren
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 19 Apr 2011 18:33
Great Idea Flopsy I am looking forward to taking part. keffy

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 19 Apr 2011 20:42
Excellent. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing them appear. We have already received one entry - from someone who is keen as mustard

blimp
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 10:57
I shall sit with a wet towel around my head hoping that the creative spark will visit. Drink in vast quantities may be the only answer!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#7 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 17:27
Instead of drink I was hoping Flopsy could send out some of the morphine she got from her hospital visits, its the only way I can write poems.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 17:44
blimp:
I shall sit with a wet towel around my head hoping that the creative spark will visit. Drink in vast quantities may be the only answer!

Based on comments from the librarians here, I was was under the impression that it was your usual answer... --C.K.

blimp
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 23:28
CrimsonKidCK:
Based on comments from the librarians here, I was was under the impression that it was your usual answer... --C.K.

I am surprised at you CK!! Listening to tittle-tattle from underemployed librarians who may wish to deflect attention away from their own drinking habits. I am more a connoisseur!

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 23:45
I like the idea of a poetry contest but unfortunately the 100 minimum eliminates limericks which are some of the most amusing poems.

Can limericks be submitted? Or can several limericks be submitted together as one entry to go over the 100 word limit such as TheEnglishMaster's "Six of the Best"?

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 10
carlspanks, cossington, luke16, mastroe, processdog, rabbitrun, valdi, Zachary314159
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9