The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Spanking Romances

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 07:50
Black Lace and Nexus, they were the 2 publishers I was trying to think of earlier!

saetana
Female Member

England
#12 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 09:30
SNM:
Maybe I'm in the minority among male erotic writers for being this way, but for me the object of the threesome's attention is determined by d/s divisions rather than gender ones.

That can be the case sometimes, but a threesome with two men and a woman tends to be very different than two women and a man (assuming the men are not bisexual that is), more taking turns and less orgified (probably no such word but I like the sound of it), and I'm not sure D/s divisions really makes much of a difference in that specific cirumstance (I can only speak from my own experience after all, LOL!)

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 14:35
Well, I am male and while I write mostly F/M stories, I have a longer M/F piece that I think might qualify as a modern spanking romance. It is called "Alternate Lifestyle/Alternate Reality" and it is (hopefully) on the waiting list to be published here. I would be very interested to see the LSF female reaction to it since the first time I published it on the internet my audience was primarily female and they all seemed to really like it.

It is actually built around a real issue and real people, but the events that take place are purely fictional.

Hopefully it will be loaded soon and you folks who like Spanking Romance can give it a try.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 14:57
cfpub:
The internet provided two valuable qualities for women interested in reading (or writing) about spanking - accessibility and anonymity. So they moved in large numbers into spanking groups such as, oh I don't know, the Kilhara Library, and into spanking publication in such numbers

Absolutely. As far as reading goes ... women can now easily access and download erotica, taking it with them wherever they go, thanks to the growing popularity of e-books and reading devices. I work as an editor for an online publisher of erotica and romance -- and the vast majority of our customers are women. Before I started working in this industry, I had no idea how popular it had become. Our biggest sellers are books in the genres of erotica (espec. 'threesomes') and BDSM. We don't have 'spanking romances' or spanking stories per se, though. The books are inexpensive (avg. $3-5/each) and available in multiple formats. Although we have sexy art work lining the book covers on our website, most customers appreciate the ability to discreetly download these books onto their laptops, Kindles, Nooks and I-pads. Then the average housewife can read provocative tales while in carpool line or the bus stop, while sitting in a waiting room at the doctor's office, while at a cafe enjoying coffee. And no one is the wiser to her subject matter!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 18:42
Ok, saetana, here you go

There are a couple I can recommend and a few to avoid.

"Patriot Dreams" by Katrina Devlin was one of the better ones I've read. There are two main characters but multiple minor characters who also contribute to the overall "spankage", so it's not just the hero and heroine all the time. It is set in colonial America around the time of the revolution and the conflict has to do with a family whose sympathies lie with the rebels and a visitor from England who is a loyalist. 4 stars.

"Kept" by Carolyn Faulkner was a very low cost read about a man who hires the heroine to play his wife. I found the premise a bit off putting, but the writing is pretty good. 3 stars.

You should avoid "1883" by Reesa Roberts (but it is a free read) due to the implausibility of the heroine getting spanked by the hero about every three pages and for essentially the same thing. This book appears to illustrate the limits of spanking as an effective behavior modification tool.1 star.

"Captain's Duty" by Sullivan Clarke is decent. An ageing nobleman pays a handsome dowry for the fair (but headstrong and feisty—what else is new?) Isabella, who naturally rebels. The nobleman sends his captain (a handsome fellow) to fetch her. She tries to thwart him with the usual result. The plot thickens when they arrive. 3 ½ stars.

More later.

saetana
Female Member

England
#16 | Posted: 31 Mar 2011 02:22
Thanks rollin, I just finished another Black Lace novel that almost fitted into the category of a spanking romance, except there wasn't enough spanking in it for my tastes, I'll post a brief review in the fiction suggestions thread shortly. I'll take a look for some of those and I've got a couple of ideas from the blurbs in the back of the novels I've read for more "bodice ripper with hot sex and spanking" type novels (that would be my definition of a spanking romance), hopefully a bit better than the one I read today

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 31 Mar 2011 02:43
saetana:
cfpub, I have not yet read a spanking novel by a male author that I have enjoyed, admittedly I haven't read hundreds of them but its indicative of something, I'm not sure what exactly as I tend to read more male than female authors when it comes to my "vanilla" reading of mainly fantasy fiction.

I don't know for sure about spanking romances, but the mainstream romance publishing business has a number of male authors writing with female pseudonyms. Romances are one of the few ways for non-Stephen King caliber writers to make a living at writing and there is a strong convention that only "females" appear as authors of romances.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 31 Mar 2011 19:15
I have to stop here and recognize what I think is the best "spanking Romance" I have read to date. It did not come from the commercial publishing world. It came instead from the message board at Our Castle. Long ago I posted there, and I have posted a few things there recently but for some reason, I've lost access to their server. I can't connect. Anyway a writer known only as "Jade" posted a story in the Fall of 2009 called "The Point of It All". It's about the male head of a security firm and a female doctor who is kidnapped for harboring a secret that she does not even know she knows. He rescues her, but she won't obey his instructions as regards her own safety. Complications and spankage ensue. It has great writing, an engaging plot, well drawn characters and hot action (without going overboard).

It would be great to have this in the library, but we'd have to contact "Jade", whoever she(?) is. If anyone knows her or knows how to get in touch, let me know.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 1 Apr 2011 07:40
Jade was an excellent writer, I believe she's now publishing mysteries under her real name. I don't know how to contact her, or if she writes spanking fiction anymore. One romance over at Our Castle that I loved was based on the poem The Highwayman. It was written under one of Mya's pseudonyms, but I think Mya has dropped out of the writing scene, too. If Rue is still at Our Castle she may know the answers to these questions.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
amino, mraymond111, Nelon, whoseturn, WilliamAllen, writerinks
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9