library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Editing Help in General - Thanking Jools in Particular

billboard
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 29 Mar 2011 18:02
I'm new to this board and I'm dusting off a lot of stories previously posted elsewhere and re-posting them here. I got several nice comments posted to my first couple of stories - thank you all very much! - but in addition to the praise, I got some valuable constructive criticism from a few of you about the difficult-to-follow way I was writing dialogue. Jools put her time into re-editing my latest one, "Ann Madison, Sophomore" and I wanted to thank her for it. She made many, many, MANY suggestions and she was right in every one of them - so thank you my new friend.

If, perchance, I have posted this to the wrong place or committed some other faux pas, I apologize in advance and will nervously await my well-earned correction. Happy Spanking, All.

bb

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 03:21
We all get help at times and we all benefit from other comments on our stories. We benefit the most if we apply what we learn and appreciate the efforts others put into helping us. It seems like you have accepted and benefited from the help so it was really worth it for all those who assisted, good work.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#3 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 04:46
You are very welcome bb, glad to be of assistance . I too have benefited from advice and suggestions from other authors on this site and this library is a wonderfully friendly place to post stories.

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 11 Apr 2011 02:56
I agree with you BB the people here are willing to help and explain how to post stories so they meet the required format. It never worked for me. I tried and tried and I never could understand how to format my stories. A few people offered to rewrite my stories for me so they would meet the requirements but I decided to just quit writing. I'm glad you are sticking with it and learning from the edits. I wish I had what it takes to have my stories published but it just isn't meant to be.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 11 Apr 2011 03:33
spankdaddy:
I wish I had what it takes to have my stories published but it just isn't meant to be.

I still hate doing dialogue stories myself but after much practice and help from Flopsy and others I learned enough to get by. If I can learn this I am sure you can also be a sucess in writing stories, just keep on talking to others and keep trying, it is really worth all the effort. Keep smiling, you will suceed

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#6 | Posted: 11 Apr 2011 03:51
I agree with what Canadianspankee says, practice makes perfect. If you enjoy writing then that's what counts the most. Any technical formatting can be learnt over time, especially with advice from other writers when needed ..So, if you love writing...DON'T give up 'cos that would be tragic!

billboard
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 11 Apr 2011 03:56
And I agree with canadianspankee and jools. You write very clearly, as evidenced by the comment you posted above. Formating is just formating and can be mastered. Don't give up the ship. - bb

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 11 Apr 2011 04:13
jools:
I too have benefited from advice and suggestions from other authors on this site

If anyone tries to give ME advice I'll slap 'em silly. But I'm more than happy to GIVE advice.

jools:
I agree with what Canadianspankee says, practice makes perfect.

In writing as in spanking. Practice, practice, practice!

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 10
alfent, caladonia2000, cbogle, jadoma, njrick
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9