Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
helena903
Female Member

France
#21 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 15:04
rollin:
helena903:
The main reason I read historical spanking stories

Since I'm doing a survey of the genre can I ask which ones you've read?

Gosh, probably loads over the last several years in various different places (I don't know what is on here in historical genres that I might have read, as I haven't been seeking them out recently). I'll have to refresh my memory a bit and get back to you if you want exact details of the ones that were good; should be a fun thing to research... In general I've found stories set in the early days of the American West more convincing than those set in, say, medieval Scotland; this could be because of the less distant time period, but possibly also because the authors are more familiar with the style of language they're going for.

Of course, 'good' is debatable too... I'd probably be more critical of a story set in a time period I know something about, e.g. Victorian England, as I might notice historical accuracies, whereas with a setting I didn't know much about I could just suspend my disbelief and enjoy the hot spanking scenes... so my assessment of quality would depend on what I was looking for.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#22 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 16:05
I've written a couple too, that are here at LSF. Look at earlier entries in this thread.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 16:07
frants:
American Civil War: Who will write (has written?) the story of a Southern guy who is about to be caught by a recruiting squad and die in the front line, and sees no other place to hide than in a nearby mansion. He is of Spanish origin and has black hair and skin that tans fast when in the sun, so he asks the owner of the mansion, a cruel, middle aged woman, to hide him among the slaves, as one of them. He is in luck (bad luck??), the Madam says yes.

Actually, he wouldn't necessarily have to look that dark-skinned either as long as the woman claimed that he was one of her slaves.

Mark Twain's fairly obscure novel, THE TRAGEDY OF PUDDINHEAD WILSON, is centered on the fact that in the antebellum American South a small percentage of the slaves looked just as white (Caucasian) as their owners did.

However, this scenario strikes me as a bit too seriously sadistic for my tastes, not to mention about eighty years too early historically... --C.K.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#24 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 16:09
The seminal Civil War spanking novel is The Memoirs Of Dolly Morton.

frants
Male Member

Norway
#25 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 08:12
White slaves in the USA? Sure. There are documents from a court case, won by a young Irish girl, who fresh from Ireland was kidnapped by slavers and sold. She managed to prove she was Irish!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 08:26
Oh The Memoirs of Dolly Morton, I remember that. It was a lot of fun and had some excellent spanking scenes in it. Kyle Onstott's novels used to feature all sorts of corporal punishment.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 20:59
frants:
White slaves in the USA? Sure. There are documents from a court case, won by a young Irish girl, who fresh from Ireland was kidnapped by slavers and sold. She managed to prove she was Irish!

Well, I was referring to people who looked white (Caucasian) but were legally considered black (Negro) because of state laws on race in the antebellum South. In the Mark Twain novel I mentioned earlier, the mother was 15/16 white by ancestry but was still considered black and a slave; her son (as a result of her being effectively 'raped' by her master) was 31/32 white but likewise was a slave. (Her baby son looked remarkably like her master's legitimate [by his wife] son, who was about the same age and of whom the slave mother was the nursemaid/nanny. Yep, she pulled 'the old switcheroo' with the babies.) --C.K.

frants
Male Member

Norway
#28 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 21:23
Yes Crimson, I unedrstood what you meant. From Cuba I have had friends who looker whiter than most Norwegians, but who have 2 mulato parents. One never knows what comes out of race mixing.
So ok yes, maybe, let's see that ex hidalgo as a white guy. But not hairy!
Free topic for any writer. I am busy with another novel.

Pastor
Male Author

England
#29 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 22:22
Can I plug my own The Institution of a Christian Princess? The young Mary Tudor.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 12
bookkeeper, FiddlersGreen, Hoddle, Hotscot, KatiePie, Redskinluver, smorboll, spankedbywife, tyrport, vanillayes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9