LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Regarding Ethnicity

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
SNM
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 18:23
Reading through the stories in this library, I've noticed that upwards of ninety percent of the characters are Caucasians of some kind. Since we all use ourselves and our surroundings as the basis for our imaginations, I've taken this to mean that the majority of our writers are also white.

This surprises me, to an extent. I know from personal experience that there are men and women of other ethnicities - both within the English-speaking world and beyond - who share our interest and enjoy reading about it. Why aren't they posting their stories here?

My asking has selfish motivations as well (I'm a bit of an ethnophile; blacks and Hispanics turn up in my stories almost as often as whites, and I'd like to read about some black or Latin spanking action from others), but I'm also genuinely curious about this site's demographics and why they are the way they are.

Maybe this would have been better posted on the Smalltalk board. I'm not sure.

Sarah89
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 18:38
I often (though not always) leave physical descriptions of characters out of my stories so the reader is able to imagine the character in any way he or she likes. I've noticed many authors who do the same and don't give details of a character's appearance, perhaps for the same reason.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 18:54
I can't remember ever describing skin color, except in regards to that most wonderful area, the buttocks. (OK, a face may occasionally turn red in embarrassment.) Unfortunately, I have no idea what changes occur to the buttocks of a non-Caucasian as a result of a good spanking, so I wouldn't dare try to describe them in a story.

Does anyone care to enlighten us?

Guy

SNM
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 18:58
Guy:
Does anyone care to enlighten us?

A reddish blush builds up under the skin, like thin, brown cloth draped over something red. Its harder to see than it would be on white skin, but its visible, especially if you're looking closely (and why would you not be?).

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 19:15
There has just been a similar discussion about the British TV programme "Midsomer Murders"
Like Guy, I've never spanked a black or coffee coloured bum,( although I would have liked to have such intimate relationships in my youth -it certainly wasn't through lack of trying!), so I don't consider myself qualified to write a story involving a black girl - although they often have beautiful bums.

BTW The discussion regarding Midsomer Murders degenerated into farce and took up a ludicrous number of column inches, and the PC brigade got a scalp as one man spoke good sense but it wasn't PC!!

Let's not go there.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 19:20
I must plead guilty so far, but I'm about to write a story involving a young Asian boy - and yes he does get spanked - which might restore the balance.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 19:40
jimisim:
Like Guy, I've never spanked a black or coffee coloured bum,( although I would have liked to have such intimate relationships in my youth -it certainly wasn't through lack of trying!), so I don't consider myself qualified to write a story involving a black girl - although they often have beautiful bums.

Its like writing a story about a white girl, only the character has a different cultural background, some different mannerisms due to the above, and probably (assuming we're still talking about Africans and Latinas rather than other ethnicities) an awe-inspiringly large and perky bottom.

Lincoln:
I must plead guilty so far, but I'm about to write a story involving a young Asian boy - and yes he does get spanked - which might restore the balance.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying other people SHOULD be writing about ethnic spankings, or that you've somehow failed by not doing so (being attracted to other ethnicities is atypical of me, and I don't expect other whites to share my sense of aesthetics). Just that the lack of the above suggests that this site's userbase is almost all white, which I find curious.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 21:02
I have noticed that in the schoolgirl stories sometimes the girl or girls is West Indian or Asian but in other stories I have noticed little ethnic diversity.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 21:18
My stories contain a real ethnic mix. I do like to describe the main characters, especially if they're to get spanked, but in any case, since few people are really colour-blind, someone's ethnicity is part of their environment and experience just as their social and geographical origins are - and if you were the one Scot in the midst of a bunch of Surrey girls, say, you'd know it! So it's just another situation with potential for interesting twists.

As for Midsomer Murders, I could not more completely disagree that the guy was talking sense when he said having non-white people in the programme would spoil it. Go and look at a few genuine English villages nowadays. Is the village shop (if any) never run by an Asian? Is the doctor or the pharmacist always white? Has the garage owner never married a Thai (or Indian or Caribbean) woman? If I ran into a young Black guy in a quintessential rural English pub - as I have done - I wouldn't say or think "gosh, this spoils the tone of the place" or "pity - this ruins the impression of a real English village".

Returning to the original post - I get the impression that as far as the different continents are concerned, spanking and related joys are big in Japan and not unloved in India, but in some places spanking and sex are seen as unrelated. To what extent immigrants and the descendants of immigrants maintain this, I don't know, but in the days when I visited the Janus shop from time to time, I've seen a few black guys there. I suspect the cultural differences decline with each generation.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 00:43
I happen to be white, and I've written a few stories here. That being said, I'll make a few other comments. I tend to write what I know. In many cases, one of the characters is a thinly-disguised me, so that if I happen to describe him, he's going to look a lot like me, which means in part that he will be white. I don't always describe my characters physically. In many cases they could be of any ethnic background - and quite frankly, I don't care which- though in others there are hints, and not just from physical descriptions - name, place of origin, speech pattern, etc. When I DO specifically peg a character as being other than white, she (usually a she) is more often black or latina rather than asian, as I happen to know more blacks and latinas than asians. And I don't always have to worry about what said non-caucasian character's butt looks like when spanked, because he/she could very well be the spanker, no? (I'm not going to mention any specific stories, as I don't want it mistaken for even the subtlest self-plugging, having so recently sworn it off). I half to admit that describing a back woman's spanked behind would have been difficult, but thanks to the descreiptions here, I may try it at some point - not because I feel I have to run off and do a quick story about a spanked black girl to somehow make thinks equal, but because sometime I just might have a character in mind that needs to have her butt smacked. I don't find that describing a spanked butt is essentail for every story (especially when writing from the spankee's point of view), though often it is a nice touch. The bigger problem is getting inside the head of the character. In that regard, I find it more difficult, though not impossible, to create a believable character without sliding into stereotype. And that is true for all sorts of people and situations I'm not familiar with, be they historical, ethnic, or whatever. I have skipped writing MANY stories because I felt I couldn't do them justice on this score.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 10
Artemishel, atab123, bobbo6359, dowano, luke16, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9