The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Whatever became of Placid?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 02:00
Does anyone know what happened to the writer who calls him/herself Placid? Just one solitary story, beautifully written, added in August '07 - and beyond that, zilch....

blimp
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 13:20
Thanks for that PhilK. It was a real gem of a story

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 15:33
I can't actually recall what correspondence we had with them but there must have been some as we do have an email address stored. I tried sending a message but unfortunately it bounced so for now at least we appear to be stumped.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 15:46
That's a shame - but thanks for letting me know, Februs. Let's just hope that one day he/she (my guess would be 'he') makes a reappearance.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 21:51
That story from Placid was excellent. There are many reasons for not writing any longer. I know of many authors who have written beautiful stories and have no interest in, not only their past stories, but have no interest in the subject matter. It's like it is a complete turn-off. It probably wasn't a fantasy of writing, in the first place.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 00:58
The internet is a funny thing. People can disappear competely, yet some things live on for ever in cyberspace.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 04:13
There are lots of reasons people stop writing. Maybe they lose interest, or become ill. Who knows? I stopped writing in about 2003 when I got real busy professionally. I just didn't have the time. I've scaled back now, which is why I came back to writing. With others it could be something else entirely. Many of the authors on the old Laura's Spanking Corner are gone.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 06:29
The authors that I am stating have stopped writing about five years ago. They had informed me that they have no interest in their past stories. Some of these authors have written excellent series and they couldn't care about these stories, any longer. I had wanted them to place them in THE LIBRARY. Some of these website are no longer in the archives of Geocities. They are lost. A real shame. It took them a very long period of time writing a long series and then forgetting about it. Some series were not really finished. No conclusion. What a waste.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 16:59
I have laid off writing for years at a time for various reasons, not all of which I understand myself. I can't say that the same won't happen in he future, but don't assume that you have heard the last from GuySpencer until his body achieves room temperature.

Doubtless it is the same with other amateur authors.

Guy

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 29 Mar 2011 08:12
rollin:
Many of the authors on the old Laura's Spanking Corner are gone.

I found something very interesting at "Laura's Spanking Corner." I can't seem to link to the website and if I happen to connect, it is very difficult in linking to any of the stories. I have tried three computers and no result. I rarely go to the website and did about a week ago. Now I can't return to that website. Does anyone have a suggestion???? I know that Laura has not attended to the site since about 2005, and it was still active. It had changed to the present website, a while ago. Is something happening to this site?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 5
AlanYoung, averam300, Fokus014, myrkassi, rabbitrun
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9