LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments and replies

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
hottmae
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 17:59
On more than one forum or storyboard I've read numerous complaints from authors who put much effort into their stories and receive little or no response.

My pet peeve is to compliment an author and never get any response, not even a ty. This has happened here a few times after I've sent a popup message. I've concluded either the authors didn't receive it or simply couldn't give a hoot and are basically writing for themselves.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 18:05
I think all authors should heed this. I try to reply to everyone who comments on my stories. I may miss one here and there but if you drop me a comment, you will get a reply.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 18:07
hottmae:
My pet peeve is to compliment an author and never get any response, not even a ty. This has happened here a few times after I've sent a popup message. I've concluded either the authors didn't receive it or simply couldn't give a hoot and are basically writing for themselves.

Not all the authors featured here are actually users of the site so it's not always possible to assume that if you send a popup that the actual author will receive it. From what I've observed it seems to me that the vast majority of authors who actually frequent the site are only to happy to enter into dialogue with others.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 18:07
Well not all authors are on the site of course and there are some who are don't come on very often.

I don't always check comments, especially older stuff, so I do sometimes miss them but in general I tend to send a quick thank you to people who comment ...

hottmae
Female Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 21:33
Februs, I hadn't considered that. Even if they were here at one time, they might have left without saying ba-bye. Hell I suppose they could even be dead and therefore unable to reply. Lol.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 21:44
hottmae:
Hell I suppose they could even be dead and therefore unable to reply.

Yes Kilahara, who the library is named after, and Alex Birch also, are no longer with us.

runcy
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 22:03
I always appreciate any comments received, on the whole though I tend not to reply as it may look like I'm trying to boost my comments numbers.
Also I'm wary of sending pm's, as a lot of the time members don't want to get into a conversation situation with other members.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 23:57
I appreciate ALL comments, even critical ones. I especially appreciate the occasional helpful critical comment, since I still have much to learn about writing fiction. I respond to most comments, though I'm not perfect (so spank me).

Guy

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 17 Mar 2011 00:50
I always try (via pop-up) to thank readers who took the time to comment on my stories. There is no expectation on my part that a dialogue need continue if the reader is not comfortable doing so. I just consider it good manners to let them know that their time and feedback are appreciated.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 17 Mar 2011 04:59
I don't always expect a reply to my comments. Now..if an author has many, many comments, that author would be replying on each comment, it could take the author all week for replies. Not always necessary. It's nice to receive a reply but it isn't really necessary.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
AlanBarr, Kanchyk, phillipuk, Unfortunate, wynchrls
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9