LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Letters

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
brian9
Male Author

USA
#31 | Posted: 23 Feb 2011 15:09
I discovered Mr. Magazine my freshman year in college (1963). Until that time, I thought that I was the only person in the world who was a spanko. I loved those letters and I believe that the magazine stayed in business as long at it did was because of the letters. They also had a section called "News aroung the world" which often had a spanking piece. And the interviews with the centerfold model often contained her experience with spanking. The magazine also had a column dedicated to wife swapping.

I can remember some of those letters word for word.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 23 Feb 2011 16:13
brian9

I too discovered Mr. in that same time period. You are exactly right about there being spanking material besides the letters. Would love to see some Wild Wild World spanking references posted here(that was what the news around the world feature was called). I too remember stuff word for word almost.
Another magazine that sometimes ran spanking letters and fiction was Nugget. I believe it was still around after Mr was gone.
Remember it was Nugget that ran a cartoon of Billie Jean King being spanked by Bobby Riggs. Believe there was some sort of letter about spanking tennis players around the time of their famous "Battle of the Sexes."
Unlike what actually happened, Riggs defeated her and it was a loser gets spanked match.
Can clearly remember that cartoon of a broadly-grinning Riggs with a tearful Billie Jean over his knee, tennis skirt up, tennis briefs down, getting her bare bottom paddled with a tennis racket.
Wonder if that exists somewhere online in some spanking art collection.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 23 Feb 2011 23:00
Shame that poor old Bobby lost the match, maybe he should have been the one getting spanked.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#34 | Posted: 23 Feb 2011 23:51
Seegee:
Shame that poor old Bobby lost the match, maybe he should have been the one getting spanked.

Actually, the situation could've produced both M/F and F/M spanking cartoons, because people forget that Bobby Riggs won the first "Battle of the Sexes," between himself and Margaret Court (Smith), on Mother's Day in 1973--I remember the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED cover calling it a "Mother's Day Ms. Match." He lost the second one to Billie Jean King the following September, when she proved much more resistant to his 'psychological warfare' tactics than Ms. Court had been.

So the M/F cartoon should've shown Margaret bare-bottom-up over Bobby's lap, then a later F/M one could've shown him in the same state of 'southern exposure' across Bill Jean's firm thighs, in both cases the loser getting walloped with a tennis-racket-shaped wooden paddle (an actual tennis racket isn't really that effective a spanking implement).

I do remember the big-time publicity that the Court-Riggs match engendered... --C.K.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#35 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 23:45
ordalie:
So now we can expect a Marcus

Actually the third magazine would be Mars, the Roman god of war.

The months and the origins of their names are:

January- Janus, the Roman god of doorways and beginnings and endings
February- Februus, Italian god or Februa, the Roman festival of purification
March- Mars, the Roman God of war
Apri- Either aperire, to open, or Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love
May- Maia, the Greek goddess of spring
June- Juno, the chief Roman goddess
July- Julius Caesar
August- Augustus Caesar
September- seven The Roman calendar started in March making September the 7th month
October- eight
November- nine
December- ten
Spanktember- Spankus, the Roman god of corporal punishment

What! There is no Spankus or Spanktember!? How unfortunate. Imagine all the great holidays we could have in Spanktember.

Also if the 52 week year was divided into 13 months each month would be exactly 4 weeks, 28 days long and we would not have to memorize mnemonic verses such as:

Thirty days hath September
All the rest I can't remember.

Or however it goes.

Poor planning, if you ask me.

saetana
Female Member

England
#36 | Posted: 20 Mar 2011 08:15
I always enjoyed the readers' letters in Kane and Janus (British CP magazines for those who haven't heard of them), admittedly they are pretty much guaranteed to be "relevant" but its always nice to read about real-life experiences as a change from fiction.

I like the idea of having a month of Spankus, LOL, I'm sure most of us could find a way to amuse ourselves for that month

dilbert113
Male Member

USA
#37 | Posted: 20 Mar 2011 16:22
There is a collection of spanking letters from Mr. Magazine available for sale on the net, I downloaded it some time ago and it was pretty good.

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 10
AlanBarr, averam300, cheerios3833, SmitheeK
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9