The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Letters

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Guy
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 19:59
PinkAngel:
I don't happen to be able to real off all the names of magazines as they have mostly not been published during my adulthood!

So now we are supposed to think that you are perhaps younger than others of us?

Sure Pink, sure...

Guy

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#12 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 20:05
Guy:
So now we are supposed to think that you are perhaps younger than others of us?

LOL well don't tell em I said so but I do have 15-20 plus years juniorority (good new word) on the other admins... oh and 60years on old Febs... shhhhh though, they get tetchy when I call them old!

It is however always a pleasure to help the grateful - ya do have to laugh, trust me!

Ps I can honestly say I have never set eyes on a real live spanking mag, nor could I have named them.

*wanders off on her zimmer*

ordalie
Female Member

France
#13 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 20:24
PinkAngel:
I don't happen to be able to real off all the names of magazines

Neither do I, so advising me to "search by type" left me nonplussed.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#14 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 20:26
ordalie:
Neither do I, so advising me to "search by type" left me nonplussed.

PinkAngel:
If you search by type and put letters in you will find loads

Doing that brings up two whole pages of them for you!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 21:18
What was curious about these letters was why they would be in "romance" magazines. Men's mags like MR, it's easier to understand, but the pulp romance mags would have had no substantial male readership to speak of. I remember these magazines. They were on the racks in places like drugstores, whereas magazines like Swank and MR were a bit more obscure, being relegated to the "adult" section of news stands and such. The target market demographic for the romance magazines was teenage girls. Were these letters titillating at that time ('60's-early '70's) to female teenagers? I always wondered about that.

I also think that at one point Will Henry was penning these letters. His style is all over them. Of course that style is easy to emulate, so maybe some copy writer read a few and said "sure, I can do this."

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 00:34
About Rollin's previous post: My best guess is that the MR letters were mostly, although not all, written by male spankos and the women's romance letters had more real letters by teenage girls along with some spanko letters.

Teenage girls like to talk (see Facebook and MySpace) and if they saw some spanking letters in the magazines they read they would be likely to send in their own experiences.

There are other explanations too. A Canadian publication use to run spanking letters frequently. A recurrent theme of many of those letters was of teenage girls on the run who were taken in by middle age women and dressed in young girls clothes and were spanked. After years of these letters being published a man wrote in and said that all those letters were written by his grandmother who was in her eighties!

It would be interesting to know which letters were real and which were fantasies but since it is probably almost impossible to figure out the best thing to do is to simply enjoy them as you do the stories in the Library and not obsess about whether they are real life experiences.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 01:29
I simply wish to thank all concerned in bringing all these little spanko treasures to the Library. Before they were posted here at the LSF many of us were commenting on how influential they were in discovering our kink. While I agree with CFPub that they are not as 'earth shattering' now as back then they still have power and are good background material for younger spanko's that get interested in the roots of the fetish. Why even Pink Angel in all her youth and inexperience get's that part of it. Grin!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 01:35
twisted8:
Why even Pink Angel in all her youth and inexperience gets that part of it.

We all know what Pink Angel PREFERS to get.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#19 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 01:54
njrick:
We all know what Pink Angel PREFERS to get.

Rick, we all knew that! But even our beloved Pink doesn't get her way ALL the time. We all know about her need for discipline but occasionally....................................................

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 02:41
Interestingly one of those British CP mags was called Februs. I think of it every time I see our fearless leaders name. Is that where it came from?

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 6
donut88, FlorianP, klamath, Liverpool69, misterspanker
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9