LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Letters

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 04:21
I have been sending letters from magazines, MR., Thrilling Confessions, Your Romance and Swank, to Februs. I send scanned images and someone on the staff (I don't know who - unsung hero(s)) retypes them to include in the Library. So it takes a few days to get them loaded.

I was surprised at all the comments these old letters received so I will continue to send them at the rate of about one magazine about once a week or slightly more often so as not to overburden the staff. There are more letters per issue in the women's magazines but overall there are more MR letters as YR and TC went out of business in 1964 but MR continued until 1982.

I have just sent some letters originally published in the Englishwomen's Domestic Journal about 1885. The writing style and situations are old fashioned but the letters are similar to the 1950/1960 letters that I have already sent so some of the readers may find them interesting.

I am writing this so that fans of those letters will know what is going on.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 05:35
tiptopper:
I am writing this so that fans of those letters will know what is going on.

Thanks! And keep up the good work. Lots of people make contributions to this wonderful site, and all deserve our appreciation.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 10:24
tiptopper:
I don't know who

I volunteered to type as I really enjoy doing it... ok so I am sad

ordalie
Female Member

France
#4 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 10:41
Where are they for pity's sake?

PinkAngel

Scotland
#5 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 10:45
ordalie:
Where are they for pity's sake?

If you search by type and put letters in you will find loads

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 13:37
For me, way-way back in my early adulthood, these letters were the very first spanking literature that I discovered. That makes these very evocative for me.

Part of the experience was figuring out over a period of months that these were mostly fantasy. That realization was important, because now I finally knew that I wasn't alone in the world.

Guy

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 14:48
PinkAngel:
If you search by type and put letters in you will find loads

Or select one of the following from where it says 'Select Author' on the main menu:

Mr. Magazine
Roue Magazine
Swank
Thrilling Confessions
Your Romance

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 15:52
Guy:
For me, way-way back in my early adulthood, these letters were the very first spanking literature that I discovered. That makes these very evocative for me.

Part of the experience was figuring out over a period of months that these were mostly fantasy. That realization was important, because now I finally knew that I wasn't alone in the world.

I'm figuring that it was spankophile types like us that kept "MR." magazine in business into the early 1980s--AFAIC other than the amount of supposed 'correspondence' RE spanking in its readers' letters section, there was nothing special about that publication.

There was enough general sex-oriented material in its articles and pictures so that "MR." could pass as a mainstream 'girlie' magazine and not be labeled "deviant" or "fetishistic," but i'm guessing that those purported readers' letters accounted for a considerable percentage of the magazine's sales.

(PLAYBOY and PENTHOUSE were/are more sophisticated overall with much better photographs of nude young women, while OUI magazine was somewhat kinkier but similar to them in the late '70s.)

Spankophiles who are only in their twenties and thirties agewise, they've had it pretty easy compared to the 'older generation' in readily finding spanking-oriented material--it was an adventure back in the pre-internet days... --C.K.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#9 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 17:54
Thank you Februs! You're much more helpful than PinkAngel

PinkAngel

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 17:58
ordalie:
You're much more helpful than PinkAngel

Why what was soooo hard about my way of doing it? That way shows all letters and I don't happen to be able to real off all the names of magazines as they have mostly not been published during my adulthood!

My suggestion takes three clicks to do that is all...

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 7
barncloud, Nelon
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9