The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Shameless (Self-) Plug - "Dem Bones"

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 16 Feb 2011 23:26
jimisim:
Perhaps we Brits are too self-deprecating but I really couldn't see myself shamelessly plugging any of my stories.

Instead of Plugging a story would you be willing to recommend one of your stories to me?

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 17 Feb 2011 00:37
anitalynn

Difficult as I write primarily for my own enjoyment and also as for practice for a "rite of passage" novel that I know I probably will never finish and almost certainly wouldn't find a publisher even if I did.

I suppose my favourite serial is "The Rattan Woman" which is based loosely on the excellent British 70's cult film "The Wicker Man". I was so disgusted by the absolutely appalling Hollywood remake that I wrote this to show that I could do better.
Mind you an illiterate moron could have written a better screenplay, a blind man directed a better film and a tasteless lunatic would have been a better casting director!

If you want a fairly gentle and romantic short story then I like A Surprising Evening at Bridge Club, and Jane and the Woodwork room. (I really was plimsolled at school, at a run up, by a prefect in the store room behind the prefects' room which had been the old woodwork store.)

A Nurses Tale brings back fond memories of writing with my late friend Alex Birch, whose encouragement is largely responsible for my writing.

I find it difficult to recommend a story as my tastes are pretty specific, and there are a lot of stories and themes that either don't do much for me or that I don't really like. I assume that this goes for most.

I also find that I tend to write to two or three different themes.
A fairly gentle, completely consensual romantic story.
A quite severe often judicial or semi-consensual theme.(A couple of these are still kicking around on the memory awaiting final finishing.)
Many of my serials start off with the intention of being around 5K words but the characters come alive in my mind and they just grow like Topsy!

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 17 Feb 2011 00:59
jimisim:
I suppose my favourite serial is "The Rattan Woman" which is based loosely on the excellent British 70's cult film "The Wicker Man". I was so disgusted by the absolutely appalling Hollywood remake that I wrote this to show that I could do better.

I haven't seen the British version, but I couldn't agree with you more about the Hollywood version.

jimisim:
A fairly gentle, completely consensual romantic story.

My favorite theme; though I like to read most any theme.

jimisim:
Many of my serials start off with the intention of being around 5K words but the characters come alive in my mind and they just grow like Topsy!

I am never daunted by the length of a story. Thank you for the recommendations. I will start with "The Rattan Woman" and move on to A Surprising Evening at Bridge Club and go form there.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 17 Feb 2011 09:31
The British version is a 70's cult classic and imo well worth tracking down and watching.
It stars Edward Woodward as a sexually repressed police sergeant posted to a deserted Scottish Island .
Try to watch it.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 18 Feb 2011 21:04
The hero in that one is the type of guy who, because of his beliefs, would turn down a naked hot girl who wanted to go to bed with him. He wouldn't want to turn her down, but he would.

The only thing that the Wicker Man is missing a good spanking scene.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 9
Capstan, Dufus, Forrange, Katpannifer, manhattan, Redwolf64, TheStingfan, tocciek, Zachary314159
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9