The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Your WORST work

Page  Page 4 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»
Guy
Male Author

USA
#31 | Posted: 17 Jan 2011 15:38
opb:
Generic dippy blone woman overspending her credit card/pranging the car/getting a speeding ticket and then being spanked by her perfect disciplinarian husband does make me reach for the next story

OK, there are several ways to get around that formula. One way is to simply leave out the "crime". It is often enough to imply there is some good reason for the spanking, and move right on to the "main event". An example of that approach is my story "Deliverance". (I might also add it's one of my least appreciated stories, but in my opinion it's far from my WORST work. Weak title perhaps?)

Guy

opb
Author

Interesting comment Guy.

I often find that I appreciate the other elements of a story more than the hand-on-bottom bit, the tension and the worry and perhaps the looming inevitability of a spanking.

In fact as I'm not very good at writing that element I often approach the story the other way and the story is all lead up, all anticipation, and all getting in the mind of the participants, then I don't do the smack-ow bit, or perhaps have it occur off stage.

I don't know if it is for this reason that my stories are only popular with a select band of readers.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 17 Jan 2011 17:43
opb:
In fact as I'm not very good at writing that element I often approach the story the other way and the story is all lead up, all anticipation, and all getting in the mind of the participants, then I don't do the smack-ow bit, or perhaps have it occur off stage.

Yes, but you can do a perfectly good lead-up without actually discussing the "crime". Just imply something happened sort of dark and shameful and go on from there!

Guy

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 18 Jan 2011 04:13
My least favorite of all my stories is an unfinished series call "Claudia and Ainsley". At least, I think that's what it was called. I've since deleted it from my hard drive. There may still be a copy of it on the 'net somewhere. It was my one and only attempt at a diaper/incontinence story and I didn't like the results.

billboard
Male Author

USA
#35 | Posted: 10 Apr 2011 17:50
This is an interesting concept. So many stories, so little time.

I only found this thread today or I'd have confessed sooner. My stinker is "Girls Gone Wild." The story bombed when I posted it on SIN several years ago as well. But, I have the confidence of a medieval alchemist with just as much reason for it, so I reworked extensively and tried again. Let us simply say that lead (Pb) did not turn to gold (Au). Just call me Wile E. Coyote.

I really liked the characters, but in that regard I was the parent who loves his gang of brats running through shopping areas, screaming and throwing things - I was the only one.

The story was a stretch for me, outside my comfort zone of older loving spanker teaching the young and showing them the way to happiness and a good life. I'm still clearing my backlog of stories so make yourself some popcorn and stand by. I'll probably be limping back to this thread soon with a "new" LEAST FAVORITE. I'll probably be telling you about how much better GGW was than <stinker to be named later>.

But don't think I'll be giving up. I've got a LOT of lead and I would like a LOT of gold.

-bb

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 10 Apr 2011 17:55
billboard:
My stinker is "Girls Gone Wild."

It's got a great title!

(I haven't read it, so I can remain mute on the merits of the story itself)

billboard
Male Author

USA
#37 | Posted: 10 Apr 2011 18:32
In Texas they have an expression, "All hat and no cattle."

Sadly, billboard's GGW was all title, no story. So, njrick, if you want to do that title better justice, take it and run with my best wishes. The folks deserve a better effort than mine!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#38 | Posted: 10 Apr 2011 19:35
Guy:
OK, there are several ways to get around that formula. One way is to simply leave out the "crime". It is often enough to imply there is some good reason for the spanking, and move right on to the "main event".

All due respect, Guy, I disagree. I think you always have to set up why the spanking occurs. Otherwise you are just writing an action scene. One of the challenges is thinking of new and inventive plots that lead to the inevitable chastisement, be it for sex or punishment. I certainly agree that the overused credit-card-stayed-out-late-shoplifter-smoking-drinking etc plot lines are too overly familiar. That is our challenge as authors--come up with something new and different.
One thing I do is look at other genres. Many times I'll be reading a book like a mystery or historical novel and think "she should have been spanked for that". Or you see a movie and ask, what if...? Case in point, The Graduate. All I can say is, try it and see what you come up with.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 10 Apr 2011 20:30
rollin:
I certainly agree that the overused credit-card-stayed-out-late-shoplifter-smoking-drinking etc plot lines are too overly familiar.

Even these can be used, if there is an imaginative twist, or if the re-telling is done well. But best of all is to find something totally new.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#40 | Posted: 11 Apr 2011 04:11
Yeah, you can breathe new life into an old concept. I tried to do this in Cynthia's Case, a "shoplifter" tale. The key was the husband rich enough to run the sting operation, but you have to give it a new twist.

Page  Page 4 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 20
Davidsfo20, Derrick30, KatiePie, theo54
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9