library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Authors, what annoys you about depictions of your own gender by opposite-sex authors?

Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 25 Mar 2017 01:25
I must admit that all my characters are rather one-dimensional and more of caricatures than real persons, it quite helps when setting them up for a spanking. It doesn't have to be so logical and thought through as when two mature and intelligent people meet. Most women in my stories tend to be rather silly or naive, immature and focus their attention completely on their complexion instead of more important things. Men I tend to describe as mature, patient and educating. Not actually real life I realize, but since it's the women that ends up hot-bottomed in my stories it would be difficult to get to that stage if the women, as in real life, were the mature and reasonable ones. There is one exception though; when I need a female spanker. I tend to portrait them as brick walls or tanks, which is rather efficient a way to ensure that the female spankee can't do anything to stop the process once the brick wall has decided to spank them. The third and final stereotype woman character I use is the old hag with her hand bag, who is always utterly content that a younger woman gets her rear torched, believing that a red bottom is a sound conscience and frowns when seeing an unspanked teenager. So, seeing these three types, I guess any woman reading my plots would go like, "yeah, right - like any woman would act or think like that if she was older than eight, or real for all that matters". Or maybe, "Gee, I wish my husband was half as clever, mature, intelligent, patient and responsible as the guy in this story! Where are these men in real life?" So I think I'm unfair to both sexes, but it's women that get to hold the shitty end of the stick in my stories, as usual in the world.

Regarding other people's stories, I haven't given it much thought really. I'm here for the spanking, so I am ready to accept quite illogical reasoning and actions from both sexes.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#12 | Posted: 25 Mar 2017 19:04
Glagla:
I'm here for the spanking, so I am ready to accept quite illogical reasoning and actions from both sexes.

See, that's an interesting difference. Personally, I can't enjoy the spanking if the characters are acting illogically. I guess that means I'm not here for the spanking? Well, I am, but... believability first, spanking second.

Glagla:
Men I tend to describe as mature, patient and educating.

Glagla:
I wish my husband was half as clever, mature, intelligent, patient and responsible as the guy in this story!

There does seem to be a majority of people who like their male spankers mature and righteous. Am I really the only around here who prefers them a bit (or a lot) flawed and a bit feral and a bit mean?

opb
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 25 Mar 2017 23:30
Along with Patron I'm not sure if it is a gendered thing, but I do get bored with the stereotypes which Glaga has detailed. I think that most of us would be uncertain and a bit conflicted in the scenarios seen in these stories and I don't see enough of that from writers of either sex. How accurately portrayed are the spankers' feelings I can't say, but I suspect them to be more of the nature of 'Wow! Spanking this bottom is wonderful! ' than 'I must be careful to paint each exposed piece of bottom bright red'
Of course it's easier to imagine the feelings of a spankee than a spanker so I expect that is why most stories are from the spankee's pov.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#14 | Posted: 26 Mar 2017 01:10
opb:
Of course it's easier to imagine the feelings of a spankee than a spanker so I expect that is why most stories are from the spankee's pov.

Well sure, plus the spankee's feelings are just more interesting, you know? In real life I would say I like giving and getting equally, but in writing, I found I exhausted the novelty of writing from the spanker's point of view pretty quickly. Describing the spanker's emotions isn't as much fun. Pain and fear is more fun to express in writing, I guess, than whatever the spanker is feeling (regretful sense of duty or some nonsense?) So there are endless avenues to explore the physical and emotional torment of the spankee.

To make a really dumb analogy, take an executioner and would-be executionee. The executioner is like, "Yep, gonna chop off someone's head today, all right. Mm-hmm."
The executionee, meanwhile, is thinking about their family they will never see again, their past lovers and everything that could have been, what they could have accomplished in life but never did, wondering how it will feel to get their head chopped off, penning poetic goodbyes to everyone, counting down the days and hours and minutes, hoping for a last-minute stay of execution, etc... Endless possibilities.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 26 Mar 2017 03:32
opb:
but I do get bored with the stereotypes which Glaga has detailed.

And still people read the shit I put up on this site...

Well, I partly agree, and I would love if every story here was ground breaking and revolutionary Nobel prize class, but I think that would limit the annual upload to less than a handful releases, which of none would be mine.

On the other hand I think that there is great comfort in stereotyped stories, which is something that shouldn't be underestimated. People often want to feel comfortable with a story and know where it's heading, just look at what Hollywood movies that sell. In most stories uploaded here it's fairly obvious after already a few lines who is going to get spanked and I think people are comfortable with that and don't want too much of surprises. I also think that there is a rather large circulation among the readers here. When looking at the members section under statistics I see that most people are active a year or less and then they are replaced by new readers. So many of the stories uploaded are read as the first one by many readers, so they don't have to be groundbreaking; there's a huge demand for standardized and type cast stories. And finally I do think that a lot of the readers are here for immediate gratification; they want to read about red skin and not get into a long and delicate plot, no matter how intricate and outstanding it is. Thereby not said that I by any means do not prefer reading such myself.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 26 Mar 2017 03:35
Burgundy:
There does seem to be a majority of people who like their male spankers mature and righteous. Am I really the only around here who prefers them a bit (or a lot) flawed and a bit feral and a bit mean?

I'm a bit uncomfortable with that scenario, I don't want people to spank others because they are mean. In many of my stories people spank others because they enjoy it, but I avoid to portrait them as mean, because that makes it so serious.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 26 Mar 2017 03:41
Burgundy:
See, that's an interesting difference. Personally, I can't enjoy the spanking if the characters are acting illogically. I guess that means I'm not here for the spanking? Well, I am, but... believability first, spanking second.

I don't know, maybe it's from my background having grown up in Sweden where it's been forbidden to physically harm your children since the 1958, but to me all the stories here have zero credibility. People are just not spanked outside a partnership bedroom, all other settings are complete fantasies to me. A story where a schoolgirl gets spanked is as much science fiction as a story about a space rocket travelling girl getting spanked by and alien tentacle monster on Jupiter. And stories about two loving partners spanking each other in the bedroom tend to get incredibly boring. Could be why witches, ghosts, robots and all kinds of weird shit turn up in my stories; it's all fantasy anyway.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 26 Mar 2017 03:46
Burgundy:
Well, RIP this thread, thanks to both of you. I'm getting my hairbrush right now...

While I'd hardly refuse a cyber-trip across the lap of a strict-yet-sweet feminine cyber-cousin, I was attempting to make a legitimate point, i.e. that point of view is important in determining whether attitudes (in this case about a woman's physical appeal) belong to a character or to the author.

Now, within a third person 'omniscient observer' point of view a woman's feelings about her own body can still be expressed via attributing them to her: "Bathsheba smiled contentedly into the mirror, high satisfied with what she considered the dazzling appeal of her sweetly curvaceous, opulently-endowed nude body."

In cases wherein a character's physical description has a degree of importance to the story's plotline, I will of course include it--yet I do admit to sometimes doing so simply because for some reason I want the reader to have an idea what the person looks like, often including even how he/she is dressed. If I have a definite image of what a particular character looks like, for whatever reason, I'll generally want that to be shared with the reader.

All other aspects being equal, I do tend to provide physical descriptions, primarily positive ones, of females more than I do males--the 'girls' are generally my spanking disciplinarians, and I prefer that they're pretty...

--C.K.

medici
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 26 Mar 2017 09:43
Glagla wrote:

On the other hand I think that there is great comfort in stereotyped stories, which is something that shouldn't be underestimated. People often want to feel comfortable with a story and know where it's heading, just look at what Hollywood movies that sell.

I disagree.
Hollywood churns out the same themes and storylines again and again as a formula, NOT because that's what people want to see but what is forced upon them (for example, the Batman and Spiderman remakes of remakes).
I for one hate seeing/reading the same themes again and again, which is why I don't write as much as I could because I want to present/offer fresh, interesting and/or enjoyable stories NOT repeated pap.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 26 Mar 2017 10:28
medici:
NOT because that's what people want to see but what is forced upon them (for example, the Batman and Spiderman remakes of remakes)

Well, you don't have to pick the extremes as examples...

I see that many of the stories with many likes here are rather straight forward. Ie Nina comes home from school, knowing that she'll get spanked, her father calls out angrily to her that she'll get spanked and then she gets spanked. And it gets many likes. I do think that many people want stories like this, that you don't have to wonder too much about where the plot is going and that you can start enjoying yourself knowing that a spanking is sailing up shortly and you know who's going to get it.

As said I prefer the outstanding world toppling completely unexpectedly twisting stories, but I do think that there is a massive market for the straight forward simple minded stereotyped ones as well.

I understand that you always want something fresh and not read almost the same story over and over, but as I wrote, I think many of the readers are new as there is a high circulation in the audience. So many of the stories could be launched again and many of the readers will appreciate every story since they have no knowledge of a similar subject having been used historically. During my first months I happily bookmarked about a hundred stories that I felt were the best in the world and now I wonder why, since they are the same as many other stories. So to someone new to the site it doesn't really matter, all is new and wonderful.

Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
Alef, Bump, goddan, linusvan, olivergi, thepage
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9