LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

What is Your Inspiration?

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Nawtysteve
Male Member

England
#21 | Posted: 20 Aug 2016 09:27
Over the years I have often wondered why I have an interest in spanking, and I really have no clear answer. I certainly experienced some corporal punishment at school and at home as a child, but so too did many thousands of people of my age who don't appear to have any interest in the subject. I don't have sadistic or machovist feelings, and I detest violence in any form. Yet there is this very strong fascination which I have experienced since I was of primary school age.

However, there are some key components in the stories and videos that I have read and seen which are particularly important to me. The person who is handing out the discipline must have an air of quiet authority and confidence, and the discipline must be fair, reasonable and proportionate. No pomposity, and very ordinary. The person being disciplined must be reluctantly compliant, not wanting to be spanked, but accepting that it is necessary and deserved. Shyness and some embarrassment is also important, but not humiliation. The scenarios and the discipline must be rooted firmly in 'reality', and must be believable.

I suppose that we all have some sort of internal template in our minds of that one 'perfect' disciplinary experience which, if we read about it or saw it on video, or even experienced it, would press all the right buttons' and that template is no doubt different for each of us. We will probably never find the one that is inside us, and many of us don't have the skills to write it down, but we can at least enjoy all those stories that come close to it.

cindy2
Female Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:20
My best ideas come to me early in the morning, usually upon waking. If I wait until I'm fully awake and try to "force" an idea to fruition, the product seems contrived and/or flat even when I go back and edit it to improve it. I therefore wonder whether dreams really inspire my ideas.

Nawtysteve
Male Member

England
#23 | Posted: 31 Aug 2016 16:07
Cindy,

Thank you for a fascinating comment. As we know, there are numerous theories about dreams, and I am really not sure which are the most valid. If dreams are about sorting out what we have perceived over the past day, and filing them away in appropriate places in our memory, then maybe each day we see something that connects with something else in our past, so gradually creating a spanking story.

I actually do a lot of writing in my professional life, but I don't think I could ever write anything successful about spanking, so I will rely on the talents of others - including your good self.

All the best.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 31 Aug 2016 17:54
I get inspiration for stories from a variety of ways, events that occurred or things that I have heard over the years. And things that I have read, like in old spanking magazines. And must admit that seeing a nice looking butt or sexy clothes on a woman has led to imagining a spanking taking place. For instance, seeing a girl with her thong exposed or her butt cheeks hanging out of her shorts can lead to picturing in my mind her mother spanking her .
When it comes to writing, I have heard the admonition "write what you know." That has a lot of validity, but on the other hand if it were rigidly adhered to we would not have any fantasy or science fiction as we know it.
I do stick to topics I feel I have knowledge of. I would not try to write a piece set in the Victorian era for example, unless I did some extensive research. Or a British school discipline story, just don't think I could create an authentic feel.

On the other hand, take a story like my recent " Small Town Girl." I grew up at a time and place like that described in the story, where indeed there would have been that reaction from some members of the community."Isnt it awful how girls these days go nearly naked," is the sort of remark that would have been made.

I am sure it is not hard even today to find similar sentiments in certain segments of the population. Indeed in recent years I have read of some beaches that have banned thong swimsuits and people have been arrested. In the 1960s it was mini-skirts that girls could get sent home from school for wearing, now its leggings or yoga pants.
Yes, I know this library is fiction, but I still try to create a feeling that this could indeed take place. Sometimes to do that its best to set the story in a time or place that is not the present world.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#25 | Posted: 1 Sep 2016 07:19
Nawtysteve:
I actually do a lot of writing in my professional life, but I don't think I could ever write anything successful about spanking, so I will rely on the talents of others - including your good self.

That's exactly where I was some years ago. Then for some reason I wrote a spanking story and was hooked. Give it a try!

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 7 Sep 2016 21:20
I am always on the lookout, when my hub and I travel, for places that might be convenient for administering a spanking- State parks harbor a treasure trove of spots in the middle of the week. They tend to be busy on weekends and not so private; so I make notes. I created an entire series around training for a biking marathon.

livinezlee
Female Member

USA
#27 | Posted: 8 Sep 2016 18:47
My inspiration comes from everywhere - it could be a street sign, or just a word that pops into my head or drinking a glass of lemonade. If it is strong enough, I'll find myself writing down thoughts. These thoughts may or may not wind up in a story. Sometimes I'll start a story, it dead ends but I'll go back weeks or months later and finish. Often times, when i go back and reread a story I've written, it's like reading it for the first time - very strange.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 11 Sep 2016 00:08
livinezlee

Its much the same way with me. Hearing a phrase or somehow being reminded of something can sow the seed of a story idea.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 11 Sep 2016 14:57
I have a computer file I just dump thoughts into as they come to me. Sometimes it might be another story, a picture, or something that happens in real life that triggers the idea. It might be a fully-fleshed story or just a random thought. I usually am working on 3-4 stories at the same time, although not all of them ever see the light of day. Sometimes a snippet can't morph into a full story, but I'll hold onto it and try to work it in somewhere else later.

kerrsutherland
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 11 Sep 2016 17:53
Usually, I have no idea where my inspiration comes from. I do know that the Irons series I've been concentrating on reflects a world I wish I could live in. A world, where there are problems & people who don't approve of other people's choices & lifestyles and consequently try to suppress, but overall things make sense &, for the most part, the government actually tries to help instead of hinder. All of which, of course, is why it's fantasy. Still, if I had the opportunity, I'd love to "live" in my "world." The only other series I can truly say that about is Lurking Dragon's rejuv universe.

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
Balor, Dane, katee, myrkassi
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9