LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

What is Your Inspiration?

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#11 | Posted: 4 Jul 2016 11:45
There are different sources of inspiration. The stories I tend to like the best myself are inspired by something in my own past - people I have met (or loved), places I have been to (or grew up in), episodes I have witnessed, opportunities lost etc. These stories seem to have an atmosphere and a feeling of reality that I find it hard to match in other kinds of stories.

Another set of stories are what I would call explorations of the myth of the "good" spanking; they try to (re)create a time and a place where spankings work the way we spankos like to imagine - where they are just, helpful, and gracefully received, and where they guide the spankees in making the right choices in the future. These stories are often inspired by other spanking writers as well as my own fantasies over the years. A couple are also based on spanking photos.

Finally, I have been surprised by what I have been able to get out of the challenges (didn't have time to write for the current one, unfortunately). I definitely didn't think I was the kind of writer who would enjoy writing to a prescribed theme, but I was wrong!

kyle1248
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 5 Jul 2016 15:19
That I started writing spanking fiction at all is purely happenstance since it wasn't my intention to write when I first discovered the LSF. I've been interested in spanking for as long as I can remember, and when I saw the large number of authors who'd made contributions to the LSF over the years, I decided to take a shot at writing a story that touched on my cross-cultural experiences that I thought would add to the body of work on the site. After the feedback that I received on my first story, I was bitten by the "writing bug," and I've been plugging along ever since.

Although my first contribution was inspired by real events, many of the details were altered considerably. For example the spanking described in the story occurred at the beginning of the couple's relationship, while in real life, I was already involved with the woman who gave me my first spanking as an adult. Also, the spanking described in my first story is really a composite of punishments I've received over the years, and it's not an accurate description of any actual spanking I've ever received.

By the time I wrote my second story I was already off in a realm that's largely fantasy, even though some of the characters are inspired by people I've known, and smatterings of real life experiences are woven into it and some of the subsequent stories that I've posted.

Although I'm far from running out of personal experiences that could be worked into new spanking stories, I'm much more prone now to write things that are purely fictional, and looking at a picture or reading something that doesn't even involve spanking can trigger ideas for new stories. For example, I was recently looking at images related to spanking on Google, and my attention was drawn to a group of four nude dancers. One of them had a heavily striped bottom, and I got the impression that the three other women in the photo were waiting for their turn to be caned. Almost as soon as I saw the photo, an idea for a story popped in my head, but with so many other projects to work on, I have no idea if I'll have time to write it.

Mads
Male Author

Denmark
#13 | Posted: 6 Jul 2016 15:20
I have written only a few stories here (and 10-15 more in my first language, Danish). To me, one of them is special. Instead of generally explaining what inspires me, I want to go into details with inspirations for that special story.

Background: In 1973 I visited London in together with my parents. In the plane to London, I was seated beside a Lady in her starting 40'ies (I was 27 years old). She - let's call her Susanne - was traveling alone leaving husband and three children at home. Most of the time in the week in London she join my parents and me. One evening at dinner, she asked me to follow her to a Variety Theater one night; which I immediately accepted, but was quickly annoyed as my mother insisted that my parents also would go to the variety theater.

During the many years since I've often wondered how would the evening have been Susanne and me alone and would we have ended in her hotel room? Would she have wanted sex with me? I doubt. In case, would I've been willing as I was single at the time? Maybe; don't know. Why did she travel alone? I know she needed it, but why.

Then a few years ago it suddenly struck me I could include spanking in the fantasy and write it as a story, and ponder about Susanne's reason for needing a break from her family.

This writing was much more fluent that ever before; I guess because much of the situation has filled my mind for years.

First spanking was a late evening at the hotel. As I guess a hand spanking would be too noisy, I came up with the solution that Susanne had pruchased a small cane in London and offered "me" to use it, so Susanne got a mild caning.

The first version of the story included three spanking. The second where "I" used a paint stick "I" got from a painter "I" had met at the street. As I remembered the advice: "Kill your darlings", I delete that section, to make the story shorter but better. Later that decision turned out to be perfect, as I learned that paint sticks is not use in England! Do your research well!

I've always liked to visit Hampstead Heath, so I let Susanne and "me" go there, where she had her last spanking in public space. I did some research on internet to find a proper place surrounded with trees.

Maybe I should have written the story in first person? I wrote it in third person as I find it more easy to do so, and also because I wanted to show the thoughts and feelings of both characters in the story.

Finally: A number of commenters asked for a continuation of the story. I made a lot of notes on a continuation when Susanne returned home. I never really started to write; mostly because I felt I could not reach the same level in the continuation and the start was very difficult. Later BashfulBob wrote to me: "I am not sure if I would write a sequel to that story. It already has a nice feeling of finality to it - 'ships passing in the night' and all that." That reminded me that I original found the story had ended. So there will be no continuation.

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#14 | Posted: 8 Jul 2016 14:57
I don't think that I have written enough yet to establish a definitive pattern of inspiration and so far the germs of the stories have come from a variety of sources. I can give some examples.

Emily was the original character in 'Emily, Rachel and I' & she came from a clip of Emily Blunt in The Adjustment Bureau riding on the New York subway & sitting in a very short skirt with black tights. She had such a tempting lap. 'Emily, Rachel & I' was originally intended as a one-off story & it was the characters themselves who inspired me to write more episodes of their adventures.

'Princess Mimi' was based on a real life girl who was that lovely, that ruthless & selfish, that intelligent & that gullible!

Sometimes the final story finishes far from the original inspiration. Birthday Blues was inspired by the name of a real pub that I knew in Manchester but in the final version the pub name is not important and did not appear. I get a few comments about my plots not being quite convincing so how would a pub called "The Spanking Roger" have gone down? True - google it and see for yourself.

Finally, the forum itself provides inspiration - a story that I have just submitted ('Not Another Bloody School Girl Outfit!' - Saturninus) came from a comment on the Challenges thread from PhilK. Thanks Phil.

Regards

medici
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 12 Jul 2016 17:57
Most of my inspiration for stories comes from mundane everyday events which spark my kinky mind into action.
For example, the other day I was cutting grass using a ride-on mower and saw several blades of grass managed to avoid the cutters. It sparked my kinky brain into recalling am urban legend punishment of miscreants having to cut grass with a pair of scissors. I imagined a line of naughty boys and girls with scissors, kneeling on the grass to cut stray long grass, their red bare bottoms sticking out rudely and feeling a switch sting their rumps if they did not work diligently.
Given the time, I'll write a story using that idea... if I can come up with a plausible scenario (or maybe a not-so-plausible scenario!)

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#16 | Posted: 13 Jul 2016 06:48
Alef:
Another set of stories are what I would call explorations of the myth of the "good" spanking; they try to (re)create a time and a place where spankings work the way we spankos like to imagine - where they are just, helpful, and gracefully received, and where they guide the spankees in making the right choices in the future.

This is much of what fuels my fantasies, as well as some stories.

Others are at the juncture of worlds I know, and spanking.

Some others are a desire to see if I can write *whatever* - a different person in the writing, a particular situation, etc. I wrote something once just to see if I could write something in which the relationship between spanker and spankee is ambiguous; still trying to decide, from the comments, if I succeeded

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 15 Jul 2016 16:03
My inspiration can be almost anything and everything: a scene in a book or a movie that needed a spanking episode but lacked it, a cute-bottomed girl glimpsed on the street, a dream (my recent story 'Not Her Best Day' came to me almost complete, not as the events portrayed but as me literally sitting and writing it in the dream) or - most frequently - my own overheated and lecherous imagination.

A limerick I just posted came from seeing a brand of large truck (Schmitz) several times on a French autoroute....

Guy
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 17 Jul 2016 16:05
As with PhilK, my inspiration comes wherever I find it. In the past, my early morning erotic dreams were a fertile source of story ideas, but that source seems to be drying up as I age. But that's OK because there are other sources, and I usually find them without actually looking for them.

For example: the sight of a poor dead Iguana laying beside a local lake once gave me the catchy title "Reptile Dysfunction". All I had to do was write a story to match the title.

My private readings often provide inspiration. This is where those few stories that I dignify with the term "historical fiction" usually come from. "A New Captain Takes a Bride" is inspired by the story of a real woman. Her story seemed to leap out and grab me. (Also, I have a new historical fiction story almost ready to submit, based on a historical place)

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the Challenges, but those are an important source of inspiration for me because they force my mind to search in new directions.

And finally there are those stories for which no explanation exists, they just come to me. Sometimes when that happens, I feel truly blessed.

drkeate
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 18 Jul 2016 15:30
I suppose I have two main sources: one is raiding stories or music or scenes I'm familiar with and giving them a spanking twist, though no one I know can match Phil K in this, but one does one's best. since I spent much of my youth immersed in fantasy fiction my mind naturally tends to turn to Lovecraft, Burroughs (ER!) and Cabell. Still thinking about a spanking version of The Call of Cthulhu, though maybe a thought is all it should ever be. Similarly I come across a news story, like the one several years ago about the little boy who snuck on to a plane without being discovered, and that irresistibly becomes a spanking story. Or times in my life when I've screwed up, and I turn myself into a woman and deal with myself properly.

The other main source is pure imagination: the desire I seem to have had most of my life to escape into other worlds, to go through the door in the wall or the looking glass over the mantelpiece. Oh to see the other face of that clock! That's where the long series come from, especially the Fredonian ones, as close to Paradise as I can make it. Mind you, the whole idea of the Brotherhood originally arose because of comments that asked why men weren't liable to the spanking machines too. Well, why weren't they? Because of the Brotherhood of course! Nothing to do with my personal fetishes your honour. That got me close to my goal: a world where all women get regular spankings but never get used to them.

Once, during a boring meeting, unless that's a tautology, I sketched out a mechanical spanking story matrix: one column for types of female offender (schoolgirl, maid etc); one for types of offence; one for types of punishment. But I only ever used it once (to write 'Venetian Glass').

blimp
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 19 Jul 2016 10:38
My own childhood. Despite being a well mannered child and reasonably well behaved I received my fair share of corporal punishment. However I think more than direct experience it is the atmosphere I grew up in. The comics were full of spankings, slipperings and canings, books too, especially Enid Blyton. Most of my friends were spanked at home (although I wasn't) at school, boys were caned and beaten with plimsoles. At my first school girls as well as boys were regularly lined up and smacked on the back of the legs. Then there were, particularly at my pre preparatory school those female teachers that never seemed to spank anyone but were always threatening to dish out a spanking. It kept you half hoping and half dreading a spanking.

In the end the idea of being spanked seems to overwhelm your senses. Considering all this it is no wonder I have ended up writing spanking fiction. I don't view it as therapy though. I am perfectly happy being obsessed by the subject.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 12
Alwaysrisky, ldbill
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9