The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

What is Your Inspiration?

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
ImogenHart
Female Author

England
#1 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 09:00
Hi all;

Reading, as I often do, the wonderfully varied and inventive stories on site, I was wondering - from where do you all draw your inspiration? Is it personal experience, favourite stories, love for a certain genre or era?

In my case, many (most!) of my stories are inspired by my own time at a very traditional boarding school. Whilst no cp was used there, it is easy to transpose the punishments of the time for physical discipline. This crosses over with an enjoyment of the glorious silliness and camaraderie of the St Trinians films, books and similar. I also find inspiration in the comics of my youth, Beano, Dandy and so on, again great humour and fabulous idiocy, with wild students and cane-wielding teachers.

The actual spanking action in the main comes from personal experience, though my girls are undoubtedly braver and prettier than I am in their situation! I'll shortly be posting a very lengthy story series which is, in large part, autobiographical, which will draw in my own experiences of 'finding myself' both as a spankee and a gay woman.

Fascinated to know what inspires all of you great authors!

Imogen x

Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 09:20
Quite honestly, I don't know where most of my inspiration comes from, it just pops into my head, sometimes at the most inopportune moments. A thought will occur to me, then it grows and develops in my imagination until I can actually write it down. On occasions, I have to get up in the middle of the night to begin, or continue a story. A little of what I write is based on my own feelings and experiences, but most is pure fantasy, intermingled with a tiny bit of reality. I am sometimes inspired by a comment someone has made on one of my serials, and it takes me in a slightly different direction if I choose to follow it. Just like the songs I have recorded for lsf, I sing a song and then the words suddenly morph into a spanking theme. It is a bit of a mystery to me, but I love it when inspiration 'bites' and I must cultivate it!
Elorac x

thereader0987
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 16:03
I tend to get inspiration for stories in one of two ways... One method is chatting with fellow spanky people. I've been lucky enough over time to chat with a few people from both here and elsewhere about spanking and fantasies and sometimes the discussion sparks a story, or at least an idea for a story.

The other method of inspiration is far more random. Basically I see something or hear something in day to day life and it germinates away in my brain until the urge to write it down becomes overwhelming.

Either way, I usually get at least 10 ideas for every story I actually manage to complete!

nswitch/thereader0987

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 16:39
I'll start off by openly stating that I most certainly do not consider myself in the same league, authorship wise, as the many fine spanking story authors on this site who's stories and techniques in writing style I enjoy so much. The style I have chosen to use for most of my very short stories comes from reading spanking letters in the men's magazine called Mr. which appeared in the men's magazine area in liquor stores back in the 60's, 70's (when I discovered it) and 80's. I believe the magazine disappeared in the mid 80's. So there is the style.

My actual inspiration comes from images I have down loaded from various sites on the internet. Almost all of my stories are based on images from a site called Abby Winters. This site has nothing to do with spanking but I found two models on here with a series of poses that would satisfy just about anyone with a spanking interest. There is also another site called True Amateur Models which I have also found a few models with the right type of poses to satisfy my likes.

From these images I get my ideas for spanking positions. The scenario leading up to the punishments are completely made up in my head, except for one of my earlier stories which has our author peering through the neighbor girl's window as her father straps her bare buttocks. This came partially from a real childhood experience. I did spy on the girl next door but the rest of the story, the spanking is complete fiction. Yes, I wish I had actually seen this but nope, I made the strapping up.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 17:01
About half, maybe more, of my stories are taken from my own experience with just enough fiction tossed in to make the piece work.....sometimes a bit, sometimes hardly any except for minor changes. ( these are my F/M relationship pieces) Still these pieces are 'inspired' by some thought or issue or emotion I have felt strongly about in my own life. I then feel a strong urge to 'commemorate' this actual event in a story to fix it in something more permanent than mere memory.

The other half of my stories are 'based' on real people, real feelings, personal experiences, and deep recollections. The plots for these are often purely fictional though. Many of my pieces about young people are drawn from strong feelings I recall from my own youth as I struggled to understand my atypical nature. Even my female submissive characters are drawn from my thoughts on whatever issue they are dealing with.

I have also written a few pieces that were inspired by 'unresolved feelings' centered around very real people in my life. These stories help me achieve a sense of closure over strong desires that circumstance or nerve never allowed me to live out in real life.....though the people are as realistically drawn from their inspiration-counterparts as possible.

And lastly there are a couple of pieces that I wrote as a reaction, or even a sort of fictional rebuttal, to other spanking stories I've read.

The actual thoughts, feelings, and processes involved in the spankings themselves are drawn directly from my own lifelong experience as mostly a spankee..........but also a fairly experienced spankER as well.

I can only think of very few characters I have written dialog for that have not been inspired ......at least a little.....by a real person, even if that person never uttered those precise words. My need to base my pieces on some very real and personal inspiration rather than just an idea for a plot with a spanking in it, is probably why I have been writing as long as I have and yet only written about 60 pieces.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#6 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 20:55
I have no idea from where they come. They just pop in my head, usually starting with the end of the story, then a suitable beginning and finally the hard work of giving it flesh and substance.

No real people and usually no real experiences (with a few exceptions) play a part in my stories. Suddenly I have this urge to write, sometimes at three in the morning. If the story develops into a spanking story and it's any good, I send it here, if it develops in something different it is sent elsewhere or stays archived.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 1 Jul 2016 00:44
Mine often come when unrelated things - ideas, pictures, phrases or bits of plot from my reading or viewing - come together in a new way in my mind, sometimes after having floated around in my head for years.

(For example, my story 'The 4-step Weight-Loss Plan' combined a circular from WeightWatchers, a TV advert set in a kitchen with a fridge-freezer, and an old magazine cartoon about a secretary being made to get files from the bottom drawer of a filing cabinet, so her boss could enjoy looking at her bottom).

I begin to visualise the scene in my imagination, adding detail, and working out what must happen in the story to reach that scene, and what happens afterward to make a satisfying ending.

Then I begin to actually write it down, which can lead to further changes. Sometimes the original scene or plot idea I started with gets changed or deleted, and other ideas get added in. Eventually, after a lot of 'tweaking', revision, and leaving it for a few days or a week before re-reading, to see if it still sounds like a good story, I consider it finished.

Of course a lot of 'inspirations' never get that far - they turn out not to be such good ideas, or quickly become boring, or I can't work out how to set the scene, or come up with a good ending, so they get discarded, or at least go back into the melting-pot until some future inspiration comes along...!

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 1 Jul 2016 18:38
I usually struggle to think up plots so my stories get inspired in various ways - either I steal the plot (Shakespeare's a favourite, but Roald Dahl's chipped in too) or I just expand on a lascivious fantasy scenario (my 80K serial A Victorian Adventure is essentially homage to a young woman disguised, wearing boys' trousers) or I build it round the nature of a particular character (I raid earlier works and use the same characters quite a lot) or, as with the Challenges, I just do what I'm bloody told. That tends to work best.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 1 Jul 2016 20:18
TheEnglishMaster:
with the Challenges, I just do what I'm bloody told. That tends to work best.

Not only "what" but "when". I'm not used to writing with a deadline.

jonfromleeds
Male Member

England
#10 | Posted: 2 Jul 2016 15:11
Some of mine like Imogen take an element of reality in my past and twist it into something more exciting.

I've also enjoyed taking traditional fiction and rewriting it to involve a spanking - or one different to originally.

Finally I also find certain places I visit - usually old ones - cause my mind to explore it as a setting for a spanking.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 8
cossington, DupaZbita, JuniperBerry, Pembridge06
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9