library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Are we living in the golden age of spanking blogs?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 01:41
My question to my fellow' 'spanko's. ARE WE LIVING IN THE GOLDEN AGE OF SPANKING BLOGS.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 01:48
We can't know the future, so it seems to me like a "Golden Age" is something that can only be determined in retrospect.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 02:03
There are a few notable exceptions ...but the thing about the majority of spanking blogs is that they offer nothing new or innovative - they just seem to recycle a bunch of stolen images ...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 02:11
flopsybunny:
they just seem to recycle a bunch of stolen images

We're certainly in the golden age of THAT. Never before have so many images been stolen so efficiently, and re-posted so boldly.

I happen to enjoy the exceptions from time to time, the "weB logs" where someone has actually written something interesting and/or meaningful.

Guy:
We can't know the future

Speak for yourself!

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 03:25
flopsybunny:
There are a few notable exceptions ...but the thing about the majority of spanking blogs is that they offer nothing new or innovative - they just seem to recycle a bunch of stolen images ...

Two of those exceptions are "Voice in the Corner" and "Sometimes a Girl Needs a Spanking". They both seem to always have something new.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 04:31
I think in this day and age of international communication everyone can have a voice. It can also be done anonymously. No having to furtively look for the under the counter magazines or hope no one you know sees you buying a spanking magazine. You can publish your work if you're a writer. You don't have to send a letter into a magazine, streaming video makes it easy cheap and anonymous to get video unlike mucking about with ordering DVD's and hoping they were region encoded, etc... I don't think people have been able to speak about or write about their interest so safely and easily in the past.

cayenne
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 11:28
I'd like to think so. Or maybe a silver age as many bloggers are of mature years!

Plagiarism is always a problem, so on my own blog I'm pretty strict about generating my own content and borrowing only that which I have permission to use (e.g. Creative Commons licensed). I've got a touch of writer's block at the moment, but won't be nicking content from elsewhere to fill the gap. I really can't see the satisfaction in stealing content.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 16:17
My blog is all my own original content, except that I've used Paula Russell drawings with her consent and public domain artwork, or what I believe to be public domain, but really I'm all about text. But I have launched a project which is a bit different. From time to time I post stories authored by writers who have disappeared and cannot be found. I give them full attribution and invite them to come forward. These are works by authors who I consider to be very good writers and whose works would otherwise be lost forever. Many were on the old SSS group on usenet and date back to the 1995-2000 era. I keep sifting through my collection to look for examples and I think it's a worthwhile project.

IMHO the best blogs are Chross, Richard Windsor, DJ Black's and Bonnie's. They seem to find interesting, frequently mainstream stuff and report it.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 25 Feb 2013 01:40
I have an often neglected blog at:
http://www.spanko.net/profile_blogs/Goodgulf

That offers no pictures, videos, or artwork of any sort. The hosting site has ads and those are the only graphics that ever appear.

So what's there? A bit of musing now and then, but mostly short snippets. Occasionally those snippets are close to story length. Then there's the 96 part unfinished serial (still need to get the last 1/3 of that story done).

Shrug.

Many of the bits there have been polished up and submitted to the library, but there are still snippets and song parodies that I haven't gotten around to editing that most readers won't have seen. Come by if you like - I currently have 6 subscribers and every few months someone leaves a comment to let me know that they are still reading the thing.

Goodgulf

Guy
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 25 Feb 2013 12:57
Imagine millions of people suspended in a huge magic cloud that gives them a worldwide voice. They are all talking simultaniously, but nobody is listening. That's how I imagine the blogosphere.

There ARE blogs out there worth reading. But do we really need millions? When the day comes when everybody has a blog, will anybody bother reading any of them? And if nobody reads them, what's the point?

What I'm trying to say in my own wordy way is that quantity does not trump quality.

My "blog" is a blog in name only. You will find no pictures and will be bored by none of my random musings. It is simply a story archive. It gets a couple hundred visitors daily, and one or two comments monthly.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
Backbeat, emaildaniel4, gerard, kenjperr, Onion4eva, warplane, WilliamAllen, yankee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9