Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 18 May 2012 12:56
To return to the original subject, and Corncrake's evidence:

corncrake:
Navy blue gym knickers were always worn as a standard part of the school uniform

Does this mean gym knickers were worn for all lessons ie, "gym knickers" simply meant "school uniform knickers", not particularly associated with PE? If so, that's quite different from what others have said. Possibly a regional variation or English/Scottish divide? (I believe PinkAngel was educated in England)

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 18 May 2012 14:49
In the US the panties/knickers that cheerleaders wear under their short skirts are called "spankies". Many firms sell them under that name. That would be a perfect word to replace all those other words for women's underpants.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#23 | Posted: 18 May 2012 16:57
AlanBarr:
However, after gym or swimming we were made to strip off completely and assemble for a communal shower closely supervised by the teacher which I found highly embarrassng at first.

At my senior school this was when boys showed the results of recent punishments by putting their bruised bottoms on display for their classmates. It was probably just youthful bravado but most boys seemed to be more proud that embarrassed when they presented their striped backsides for inspection. I recall that there was usually at least one of my classmates whose bum was showing the effects of a recent caning.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 5
barncloud, boyfearsthebrush, dowano, Nelon
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9