LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comment answers

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#31 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 14:18
Reminder to self: Try to reply more to comments on my stories.
Don't feel bad, beth, I'm a mere 864 comments away from the 1000 club!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#32 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 15:52
beth83:
Maybe by thanking a person for one comment will encourage him/her to read and comment on more of my stories

Another thing you can do, beth, is actually suggest titles--along the lines of "if you liked this, you also might like...." This is especially true if it seems like the reader was looking for a specific genre or orientation. Amazon does this. If you click on a book, it gives you 20 pages of similar books.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 16:24
Apart from in my very earliest days here, when my attitude was perhaps characterised by a degree of arrogance, I have (I think) responded to every comment I've received. As others have said: it's only good manners, it requires little effort, it can open up interesting conversations/connections, and (as beth says) it is more likely than not to attract that reader to read more of one's efforts. I believe my responsiveness has definitely played a part in how generously readers have continued to comment.

However, it is also true that a largish majority of the comments I get, (and perhaps you too?), come from fellow authors ( Hi, folks! And thanks!) who know first hand how important the feedback is to one's motivation to write more - especially perhaps in the earlier days of our writing careers. Many of our more experienced colleagues, I know, have transcended this vanity, or insecurity, and are motivated to write solely by the pleasure of the act itself. Maybe one day ... !

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#34 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 16:29
TheEnglishMaster:
Many of our more experienced colleagues, I know, have transcended this vanity, or insecurity, and are motivated to write solely by the pleasure of the act itself.

Maybe some have however I have not, and if any one wants to continue motivating me to write more please feel free to comment on any of my stories as much as you want.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#35 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 16:31
I just noticed something startling. There are pop-up messages in my archive that I had never seen before, i.e., they never "popped up". So if you think maybe an author hasn't responded to your comment, check your messages---it might be there.

And re islandcarol's comment---if someone took the time to comment on EACH PART of a multipart series, I'd be damn sure to thank that person.

JohnCook
Male Member

Canada
#36 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 20:42
I'll check. Thanks!

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 3
Adam4824, Bailey30, Balor, cookie514, danjackson84, laura82, markuk, Regina, secretBss, shamensyth, Spankerknickers
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9