LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comment answers

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 14:52
I used not to reply to comments which merely said something like "an excellent read!", but only if the comment made a point, asked a question or was critical. However, discussion on the Forum told me some commenters were disappointed if they got no reply, so now (I hope) I reply to all. Rollin is right, though: I haven't finished replying to comments on one of my two challenge entries and am doing it bit by bit.

It would be interesting to hear from people who've had replies from deceased authors: it would prove something. There are also, no doubt, stories on the Library from authors who have not passed on, but have moved on and no longer visit the Library often.

Replying does indeed sometimes lead to a very interesting conversation. I don't mean some kind of verbal spanking role-play, but exploring issues and finding out all kinds of things.

Comments are welcome and I agree authors should encourage them.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#22 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 15:59
blimp:
Broad minded, I expect you mean Rick. I am sure there is nothing else I can think of that is broad!!?

ISN'T she a broad? At least in the broad sense...

JohnCook
Male Member

Canada
#23 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 18:25
Okay. I'll try other writers thanks,

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 20:23
I try to reply to every comment. Sometimes due to time constraints it is very brief, and if a comment is sbrief my reply is usually just a thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
If it is more detailed or if I have time I try to include a few details behind the story.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 02:12
I sometimes reply to comments, but I don't always. I'll plead as excuse that I've been away from the site, sometimes checking in only once a month or so. I'm reluctant to respond to a "Nice story" comment someone made weeks ago; they've probably completely forgotten it by this point.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 03:21
I respond to any reader or author who leaves me a comment. I look forward to them. Whenever I read a story, I respond with a positive comment on the page, These comments we leave are available for others to read. Last week i received a note from an author saying my comment sparked interest in one of his stories and that sparked more readers and he was thrilled, so was I.
I must admit, I am disappointed when I leave extensive comments on a series on every entry and do not receive a note thanking me for my time and efforts. I also feel uncomfortable when I see an orphan piece without comments that has been the library for awhile. It takes only a little effort to send a pop up thanking a reader for their ideas; and how to do it was thoroughly explained to me when I posted my first story.
As others have stated, friendships form, writing advice follows, gentle teasing, outrageous opinions and much craziness, all of which I thoroughly enjoy. And all it takes is a comment.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#27 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 05:37
I must admit that in the early days of my library membership that I did not respond to comments. The English Master taught me how to send pop up messages, and eventually I decided to follow the advice of Miss Manners and respond with a thank you note to all comments. Sometimes, if I notice that someone has commented on multiple stories on one series or appears to have read and commented on several different stories back to back, then I'll send one note giving thanks for the multiple comments.

I appreciate any padding to my stats. I'm a mere 516 comments away from the 1,000 club, so any comment that gets me closer to that rarified air is greatfully appreciated. Who knows? Maybe by thanking a person for one comment will encourage him/her to read and comment on more of my stories

bendover
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 08:21
islandcarol:
I also feel uncomfortable when I see an orphan piece without comments that has been the library for awhile.

beth83:
Maybe by thanking a person for one comment will encourage him/her to read and comment on more of my stories

Both of these little snippets are so true.

B

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 12:15
beth83:
I appreciate any padding to my stats.

I'm sure we'll all be happy to help you with a little paddling - er, padding, Beth....

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 13:21
beth83:
I'm a mere 516 comments away from the 1,000 club, so any comment that gets me closer to that rarified air is greatfully appreciated

We're here, waiting for you, a bit delirious due to oxygen deprivation (especially Dr Grace).

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 15
bluepencil, darkeros, meirth, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9