LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comment answers

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
JohnCook
Male Member

Canada
#1 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 00:20
Do all writers answer comments or do just some beacuse only some of the wiriters answer mine.

John Cook

tfs
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 01:08
John,

I greatly appreciate every comment I receive and I do answer them all. It just seems like the right thing to do but it also has the decided fringe benefit of often leading to new on-line friendships when a conversation grows out of the initial exchange of comment and answer.

tfs

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 01:09
It would depend upon the author, however in my experience most writers respond to all comments, even if they just say "thank you."

rollin
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 01:16
It is my policy to answer all comments. It may sometimes take a while, especially given the volume of comments after a contest, but I do answer them all. I think it is just common courtesy.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 01:34
tfs:
I greatly appreciate every comment I receive and I do answer them all. It just seems like the right thing to do but it also has the decided fringe benefit of often leading to new on-line friendships when a conversation grows out of the initial exchange of comment and answer.

I certainly agree with this. I've made some great friends because of comments. tfs is one of them.

I do answer every comment I get and appreciate every one I get. If it's a few kind words, I deliver some right back. What's sad is to get 380 reads and 4 comments. I'd like to know what the reader likes in a story of this nature, and only through comments will we every find out.

B

Dave
Male Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 02:51
It's interesting to get feedback. I don't reply to all, but do let the majority of commenters know it's appreciated.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 03:26
I almost invariably respond to a comment. And it's even permissible for he commenter to reply back to my response (though that seldom happens. After all, that could lead - horror of horrors! - to something resembling a conversation)

SNM
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 03:29
Based on the fact that some writers have replied to your comments while others have not, I think it can safely be concluded that not all writers reply to comments.

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#9 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 03:42
The greater majority of writers do respond to comments but there are those who do not even though one may have made umpteen comments on their stories. You can lead a horse to water and so on and so forth but if a writer cannot be bothered there`s not a lot one can do about it I`m afraid to say. I do get a very warm response from those writers whom I unashamedly favour and that`s very important to me.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 05:16
JohnCook:
Do all writers answer comments or do just some because only some of the writers answer mine.

So the answer to the question is a definite MAYBE. I tend to comment on stories a fair amount of time and rarely notice if an author may occasionally miss responding to my comment, however if I note the author never responds then I ask "why not?" There could be several reasons.

One must realize that there are a few stories still making the rounds on this site where the author has passed away. The best example is any stories by Ross Kilahara or by Alex Birch, both excellent writers but no longer with us today. If one looks for another reason, then look at the author page for anyone not responding. You may find the author had not been active for several years for various reasons but his/her stories may still make the front page at times.

I would hope because a few authors chose not to respond, that everyone would still know all comments on any story are appreciated. Every active author on this site thrives on comments and I would think smiles every time they get a new comment. Please do not get discouraged commenting, keep them coming, writers love it,

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 7
baker551, Claypaul68, Elpipo, Hotscot, kenjperr, magegod989, Noah
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9