The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Cliches

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
bendover
Male Author

USA
#21 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 19:50
Guy:
I unrepentantly used that exact device in my series "Instant Parenthood".

Linda:
I also used it in The Explorers' Daughter, though the deaths of the parents were very bizarre

Exactly, and I've used it several times. One comes to mind Being The Stepmother. Like Linda, the boy's mother was killed in a bizarre way (bad drug deal cross fire, which she was an innocent victim).

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#22 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 02:28
Walt Disney (or rather Carl Barks) used it as well. There's no parents in Donald Duck family, only aunts, uncles, nephews and nieces. Probably the parents were roasted and eaten.

Same story can be told in so many different ways. Thankfully, even if guilty of repeating a few clichés, authors in this Library were able to offer a wealth of fresh and exciting stories in all possible genres from humor to drama to romance to science fiction to terror to fantasy, all circling around the same – dear to us – theme: spanking.

So what if a few ideas appear a few more times than others. If someone doesn't like them he or she has always a time honored option. Spank us.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 02:47
KJM:
So what if a few ideas appear a few more times than others. If someone doesn't like them he or she has always a time honored option. Spank us.

We'd all be writing with our pants down.

cayenne
Male Author

England
#24 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 05:05
bendover:
We'd all be writing with our pants down.

Don't we do that already anyway? LOL!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 07:15
Spanking fiction is like every other form of fiction, there are only so many plots out there to use and they've all been used, everything else is a variation on those original themes. Like Bendover said for me it's all about the characters and the way the story is built.

TomHobbes
Male Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 16:32
ummmmmm . . .may I ask for a moratorium on people growling or hissing as they speak to one another in our stories? Generally speaking, dogs growl, snakes hiss. Just a thought when it comes to cliches. . . . growled Tom as he vented his frustration.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#27 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 19:25
TomHobbes:
may I ask for a moratorium on people growling or hissing as they speak to one another in our stories?

Only if you agree to also outlaw the dull word "said". Myself, I get tired of "said", (even when I'm in the process of overusing it). Almost any alternative might be better if it helps develop a character, show emotion, show intent, or illuminate action; yelled, squealed, whimpered, whined, whispered, shouted growled, hissed, squeaked, breathed, ordered, asked, barked, croaked, screeched. I'll bet somewhere on the Internet we could find a list a mile long. I see nothing wrong with any of these speech descriptions.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 20:35
Oh no, I have to respectfully disagree with Tom, people do definitely growl and hiss.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 28 Mar 2012 22:14
Guy:
yelled, squealed, whimpered, whined, whispered, shouted growled, hissed, squeaked, breathed, ordered, asked, barked, croaked, screeched

You forgot "groused". There is one author who uses that frequently but it is rarely used by anybody else. Can you guess which author that is?

Perhaps we can all use "Tom Swifty's". "It looks pretty soft," said Tom impotently.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#30 | Posted: 29 Mar 2012 01:19
When one is over the knee and spanked hard, one may say and utter many more sounds then Guy or anyone else has mentioned. If you doubt what I say, just try it and find out for yourselves...LOL

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 16 : Guests - 7
AlanBarr, Brieanne, canth256, donaldo, ElyFant, faygrim, hydegreen, joojep123, jspence8, lesni, monte333, njrick, nthespankee, Odysseus600, paradoxu, vanillayes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9