LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Finished voting on the Letter Challenge

Page  Page 1 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
naughtypet
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 13:00
Good morning...just a note to let you know I've completed my voting. Is there anything special I need to do to post the votes or do you have that all automated? I really enjoyed the challenge and was surprised with the wide range of stories. We do have a great group of writers here. In fact, I think I'll have to take the plunge some time soon myself. Thanks!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 13:57
Once you've voted, you've voted. You don't need t do anything more. Of course, just to be CERTAIN that your votes count, you should make sure that you've also commented on all the stories. (only kidding - though commenting on stories IS encouraged). And yes, DO take the plunge and write a story, whether or not for a 'challenge.'

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 14:01
Hi naughtypet, yes all your votes will have automatically have been logged, glad you enjoyed the stories

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 14:04
I have to agree with njrick, please take the plunge. It is always exciting to see a reader move over to writing.

Oh, and on voting, it is encouraged to vote on all the stories, not just the ones in a preferred genre. All the writers work hard at putting these challenge entries together and to be fair to all, it is hoped every story receives at least one point if not more.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 14:23
Speaking of the voting, it looks as is we'll have a record number of votes cast in this challenge, despite there being slightly fewer entries than in several other contests (those with the same voting procedure). This suggests that a) there are more people reading and voting; b) the voters are finding the quality of these stories better; or c) both.

Thanks to all the authors and voters for their participation!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 16:38
I'll add my recurring plea to all voters that they cast votes for ALL the stories, not just selected ones. Doing so reduces the randomness factor in the outcome. And this was a particularly difficult challenge because of the format. So vote. The authors thank you.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 17:02
njrick:
Speaking of the voting, it looks as is we'll have a record number of votes cast in this challenge, despite there being slightly fewer entries than in several other contests (those with the same voting procedure). This suggests that a) there are more people reading and voting; b) that the voters are finding the quality of these stories better; or c) both.

You're right, Rick. I remember several readers and authors telling me and reading for myself, that they particularly enjoy the 'letter form stories'. I think that has a lot to do with it. I like them myself. I just told GUY that when he thanked me for reading his letter story (in the open library).

B

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 17:32
bendover:
I think that has a lot to do with it.

I also think the fact that the stories, on average, are much shorter than regular stories helps more reader/voters get through the whole list. It can be intimidating when there are a number of stories of 5,000 words or more, not to mention the time factor.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 17:47
njrick:
Speaking of the voting, it looks as is we'll have a record number of votes cast in this challenge, despite there being slightly fewer entries than in several other contests (those with the same voting procedure). This suggests that a) there are more people reading and voting; b) the voters are finding the quality of these stories better; or c) both.

Probably (d) We've had a rather large banner on display advertising the challenge for the whole voting period this time round (apart from today of course) ...

mati
Female Member

Germany
#10 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 17:55
canadianspankee:
All the writers work hard at putting these challenge entries together and to be fair to all, it is hoped every story receives at least one point if not more.

I see and understand. As I always want to be fair I just decided to give every entry 10 points, so nobody needs to be disappointed.

Page  Page 1 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 8
AltanativeFTW, Bailey30, canth256, icedtea198, makkunny, MrEdwards, rebeccafox, spankingdude, txwolf208
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9