What gains comments?

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 22 Dec 2011 22:31
smeple:
It sometimes seems that female authors get more comments than male authors. I don't know if this is true,

Personally speaking, I have been very fortunate in how well received my stories have been here (although more for comments/faves than for views). I never considered whether it had anything to do with being female. I do wonder if there are any male writers here who have taken on a female pen name in the hopes it would bring them a bigger audience?

Now, if female authors get a higher proportion (rather than amount) of male commenters than the general writer population does, perhaps something pervy is going on in their readers' intentions?! LOL When my first story was posted here over a year ago, I did get a few creepy PMs from male members in response. They never bothered to comment, however!

blimp
Male Author

England
#32 | Posted: 22 Dec 2011 23:31
Janine:
I did get a few creepy PMs from male members.

Yes, I should certainly watch out for male members, Janine!! Anyone expecting me to adopt the identity of a stunning curvaceous blonde in order to squeeze out a few comments is going to be disappointed!! On the subjects of comments I can't believe we can complain about comments at the LSF. We are surely in comment heaven. If you don't believe me try yahoo's spanking fiction site. Lucky to get one comment on a story. Or ASSTR! Never had any comments on a story!! Or MMSA!! Usually get two or three comments per story!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 23 Dec 2011 01:41
smeple:
It sometimes seems that female authors get more comments than male authors.

Casual observation suggests to me that this is true. Whether this is a result of women writing better and/or more interesting stories, I do not know.

Janine:
I did get a few creepy PMs from a male member.

That was supposed to be just between you and me!

blimp:
I can't believe we can complain about comments at the LSF. We are surely in comment heaven.

Quite right. The management here has taken the necessary steps to engender the free flow of comments.

opb
Male Author

England
#34 | Posted: 23 Dec 2011 09:45
smeple:
I recently wrote what I considered to be an unusual story - both for me, and for the library in general - and I got a total of 4 comments, and 2 favs.

Wow smeple, That's great! I'm deeply jealous. Four comments is comment heaven for me.

As I'm an acronym I wonder whether my nom de plume puts folk off, perhaps I should choose to be "SpankableBlondeVixen" for my next story.

Like mefromdenmark I find an intriguing title helps attract my attention, though I don't read the synopsis before reading as I feel this may spoil any surprises the author has in store for me.
The title should tell you everything the author wants you to know before you start.

Obviously I will veer towards my favorite authors, and completely ignore work by certain ones regardless of how popular their stories appear, or how many stories they have.

Having said that there is also the strange fascination with situations I don't like, with stories more severe than I feel comfortable with. This has been spoken about often, so I won't expand on it now.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 23 Dec 2011 09:52
Remember that my original post referred to one particularly popular story, which had been read many times very quickly but not gained many comments. It has now gained over 300 reads in a few days, but still only 6 comments but also 5 favourites.
My question remains open but I think that I now know the answer.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#36 | Posted: 23 Dec 2011 12:09
jimisim:
Remember that my original post referred to one particularly popular story, which had been read many times very quickly but not gained many comments.

I opened this story, saw Joy Peters note that it is a sequel and that she suggests to read the first part first. So I closed it again and didn't comment, because I haven't read it yet. Therefore this story has many views, but few comments.

Sometimes the reasons can be very easy.

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 8
aka, BibG, royaledark, vanillayes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9