LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story formatting software

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#21 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 03:01
I can't believe all this happened just because I asked for software to make my writing meet forum story standards. I guess there isn't any software, so I won't be writing any stories. I was not the one who took this post so far off topic. All I asked for was software suggestions.
I won't be sending in any stories. I have no reason to learn grammar and punctuation so I can post stories here. I would like to share my story ideas but not at the expense of learning something that I find difficult and distasteful. I will continue to be a reader only.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 03:04
spankdaddy:
I will continue to be a reader only.

It's probably the best solution.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#23 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 03:38
njrick:
The "management" owns this asylum; we should not expect them to turn it over to the inmates.

THAT IS CORRECT. A-OK

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 10:23
Spankdaddy.
As ideas and plots, other those already used by an author are sometimes very difficult to come by; one suggestion might be that you chat privately to an author you admire and who writes similar plots to your ideas and talk about the possibility of co-authorship, if you fantasies were similar to that authors. This may be a possible solution, if you really want to see your ideas in print..

blimp
Male Author

England
#25 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 10:36
njrick:
The "management" owns this asylum; we should not expect them to turn it over to the inmates.

Sorry, what asylum is this Rick?

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#26 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 11:14
Spankdaddy, I have written numerous stories on this site which have been accepted willingly. The last but one story I submitted attracted a mild wigging from one of the librarians, (I won't say who to protect the innocent bunnies), for a number of minor errors in the punctuation of bits of dialogue.

I didn't (and won't) take it personally; but as has been already said, even in one's 70's it is never too late to learn, and I'll try to avoid these mistakes in future, to avoid being sent to Miss Thrashbottom for extra tuition.

This is a fun site, lets all enjoy it.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 12:42
blimp:

(What? No one told him? oh, right - his fragile emotional state)

Er....asylum? Did I say 'asylum?' I meant 'library.' Yes, LIBRARY. See all the kooks... er, I mean BOOKS.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 13:47
blimp:
njrick: The "management" owns this asylum; we should not expect them to turn it over to the inmates.

Haven't you ever snuck out of the corner in Miss Thrashbottom's study, Arthur, when she's stepped out for a cup of tea between implements and ordered you to stay put, and looked at all of her diplomas on the wall?

Abnormal psychology, clinical psychology, especially child psychology--that woman does much more around here than swing a paddle, cane and/or strap at someone's bare behind.

Of course, she is quite competent at employing those instruments of 'applied psychology' (notably if she catches a miscreant out of the corner and starts his/her session all over from the beginning) but the woman has multiple doctorates as well--I believe it was her idea that the 'librarians' eshew the traditional white coats for alternatives like bunny ears or a halo-and-wings ensemble, it appears to make the 'members' of this institute--ummmm, I mean institution--somewhat more tractable.

IMHO you should check it out during your next appointment with the director--ahhhh, disciplinarian, I mean... --C.K.

blimp
Male Author

England
#29 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 14:35
CrimsonKidCK:
Haven't you ever snuck out of the corner in Miss Thrashbottom's study, Arthur, when she's stepped out for a cup of tea between implements and ordered you to stay put, and looked at all of her diplomas on the wall?

And I thought all those straitjackets were for purely disciplinary purposes!!!

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 15:15
Has anyone used a software program called Naturally Speaking? I can download a demo copy. If I talk into it, will it convert my speech to a format that will be acceptable to be published? I am really trying to find a software that can do this. With all the Apps and such out today I think there must be a software package that corrects writing to something that will work for posting stories here. I will need something were I can tell it grammar rules and punctuation rules to follow and it will do it. I'm sure someone here can give me a list of required rules and I can put them in the software. This is what I really need. I will never learn these rules on my own. I don't understand any of this stuff and I find it impossible to learn on my own. I don't have the time or money to go back to school to learn proper English writing. I have many computes with various operating systems so even old software that does this task will work for me.

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
CarolinaPaddler, lintbunny, sirdon, stevenr, terabit, Tiredny
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9