LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story formatting software

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 27 Nov 2011 20:04
Does anyone know if there is software package that can be purchased that will allow someone without English writing skills to put in a story and have the software edit it to the correct format? I wrote some stories for this forum about a year ago but I could never get the formatting right to be published without help. After much stress of both the forum managers and myself I decided that I would no longer write. I'm sure the managers are also happy with that decision. I have again gotten the desire to write some stories. I know that my stories will never pass the managers formatting requirements. I don't want to ask other people to do the hard part for me. I would be happy to buy software that will make the changes that are needed to pass the managers requirements. I have both Windows and Linux on my computer so any software for either OS will be fine.

mefromdenmark
Male Member

Denmark
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 00:29
Have you tried http://translate.google.com/translate_t#[url=http://translate.google.com/translate_t #][/url]
I know it is not perfect, but perhaps it can be used?

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 01:15
Thanks mefromdenmark. I went to that site and it translates from English to another language. That is not my problem. I know how to speak and write English just fine. My problem is grammar and other formatting stuff that I don't understand. I am a 64 year old high school drop out who went from HS to Viet Nam and I never learned how to write a proper sentence. However I have done very well for myself in life. I just can't write well enough to post stories on this forum.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 01:23
ATTENTION: SPANKDADDY

Maybe someone from the LSF could assist you on some of your stories. Afterwords, you might pick up the procedure of writing. We have some great authors here.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 01:41
spankdaddy:
I went to that site and it translates from English to another language.

You could try translating your text from English into, say, Spanish - and then once that's done, translate the Spanish version back to English. It might work.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 02:09
There are a lot of grammar / spell checkers on the net. I use "http://pro.spellcheckplus.com/". Just copy this address and put it in your brower. It corrects grammar, punctuation etc catches a lot of things for me. You can try it free for 7 days, after that it is $15 Canadian a year.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#7 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 02:13
Hi spankdaddy, I agree with Sebastian that your best bet is to seek advice from other authors on this site. Also you could check out a website like this one http://www.englishchick.com/grammar/grrem.htm
I had a quick look at it and it explains the concepts of English grammar in a fairly straight forward and easy to understand way, without bogging you down too much with too many technicalities. So, it is probably a good place to start to refresh your memory of the basics! Also make the most of the grammar and spelling checker which is built into most desktop publishing programs like MS Word, Open Office etc.

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 03:41
Thank you everyone for the excellent replies and recommended sites. I will try your advice and submit a story and see if it passes the managements requirements.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 06:17
You could also go to a secondary school or college, at night, to take an English Composition course. It would help.

yenz
Male Author

Denmark
#10 | Posted: 28 Nov 2011 16:36
I use microsoft word, it is very helpful,l it looks after the spelling and grammar.
Google translate can translate to and from any two languages.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 13 : Guests - 10
Darkzone, DEllis, Derrick30, Glenlivet, goddan, JakeRingo, kerrsutherland, KinkyOldNerd, Kylesnam86, Nelon, Pesterfield, sethron, wiz
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9