LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments

Page  Page 9 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#81 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 19:53
I thought I'd just mention that I've spent a wonderful Sunday at the Wanderers Stadium In Johannesburg soaking up the South African sunshine and enjoying a day's test cricket between two of the world's top teams. Unfortunately (for the South African supporters) the day ended with the Aussies very well placed and looking likely to win the match and level the series. It's been a strange series though and anything could happen.
It's funny that somebody should go even more off-topic and mention speedway on this thread. When I lived in London I was a keen follower of the sport and saw my first match at New Cross in 1960. The great Split Waterman was caption of the Rangers in those days. Southampton had a fine team in the 60's with two of speedways all time great riders, Barry Briggs and Björn Knutsson who both went on to become world champions.

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#82 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 21:18
Go on Hotspur, rub it in. Here we are freezing in Blightly whilst you`re watching cricket in glorious sunshine. The Aussies should get the runs needed to win but you never know, Imran Tahir could have other ideas and it could make for an interesting finish.

Split Waterman was a great speedway rider who didn`t quite become world champion. He rode for Southampton a handful of times but that was a few years before I started following them. You mentioned Bjorn Knuttson who was my favourite rider for Southampton and he did win the world championship.

Usually in speedway if you have the inside berth and you "gate" well you have the best chance of winning the race but not if Bjorn was riding you didn`t ! I`ve watched him win many races by somehow getting enough traction and steaming past other riders on the outside on the final bend and that included his team-mate Briggo and the great man himself, Ove Fundin.

It was nice to read Jimisim reminiscing about his "mod" days and the Top Rank Suite in Southampton.It was a venue that attracted many big names and I saw and heard Status Quo there and very stupidly stood too close to the speakers and ended up with ringing in my ears for days afterwards.

My biggest disappointment was waiting expectantly to see a great band from the US called Steely Dan only for the appearance to be cancelled a day or so before due to illness in the band. Such is life.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#83 | Posted: 12 Dec 2011 14:36
The picture which can be accessed from the link in my first post on this thread is suddenly very topical.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#84 | Posted: 13 Dec 2011 06:49
To bring this thread back to spanking while still relating it to cricket check out D. J. Black's blog "A Voice in the Corner" where the latest entry connects both. I think that you may enjoy it.

Page  Page 9 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 27
averam300, jimmy23473, TheStingfan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9