library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story of Mine Mistaken for True Account

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 10 Nov 2011 13:22
Happpened to stop by Voice in the Corner blog and found an entry about a story I wrote. My story Spring Break Spanking written in the BaredAffair style about 9 girls paddled on a mythical Caribbean island for drinking had been taken for a real newstory by someone and a discussion ensued in the Comments section.! Needless to say I provided an explanation(and also mentioned it could be found here).
I wrote that piece when I was getting started trying to write spanking stories on different sites and felt inspired to do a spoof newstory piece with one of my favorite scenarios. But it never occurred to me, as it was on spanking sites, never presented as a true account, that anyone would make that mistake.
Also did another spring break spanking story, originally for SIN, in which both male and female college students were paddled in Florida and thats here. I wonder if anyone ever thought that was r/l.
As BaredAffair would say, "don't believe everything you read on the Internet"- something apparently forgotten by some folks.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 10 Nov 2011 17:31
So that explains the angry letter I got from the St John's Chamber of Commerce shortly after "Island Justice" was published....

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 10 Nov 2011 18:06
Oddly enough, the only story I've written which was true in every detail earned the comment, 'Bit far-fetched', while others which are completely fictional have been taken as autobiographical.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 10 Nov 2011 21:52
Linda:
Oddly enough, the only story I've written which was true in every detail earned the comment, 'Bit far-fetched', while others which are completely fictional have been taken as autobiographical

Please us what that real life story is called.

sugarmouse
Female Member

England
#5 | Posted: 10 Nov 2011 23:30
Having written a bit of fiction before for another site, when I actually did the astounding deed for the first time I wrote about it on the same site - again as fiction - but was swamped with messages saying it wasn't fiction. Seems I'm not very good at disguising truth or I'm so bad at fiction that it was unbelievable

SNM
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 10 Nov 2011 23:50
I'm kinda glad that my stories are so obviously fantastical.

antonbus
Male Author

Sweden
#7 | Posted: 12 Nov 2011 17:36
I'm not sure anymore if the reason that many sometimes believe that some fictional event really happened is because truth is so much weirder than fiction or if truth is too similar to fiction. These phenomena are common in all kinds of fiction for some reason.

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
Pembridge06, pwb1812, rickf, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9