LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Looking for a spot of help

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 04:20
When I read a story that I've written, I know what it's supposed to say so when I read it I read what's supposed to be written. This is a problem I've had for years - I can't proofread something until a few days after I write it. A week is better but a few days is always needed.

See, I'm not a perfect person. When I write and everything is flowing I sometimes leave out the occasional word, suffix, or contraction - when I'm typing frantically to capture the idea while it's still in my head. That's means my work involves typos that I can't see.

Normally that isn't an issue. I just leave things on my computer for a couple of weeks and then proofread. Alas, sometimes there are hard deadlines in life. For example, Halloween is coming in a couple of days and I don't have time to let the story age. It's only a couple of lines away from being finished but I'll need help looking for typos.

So - does anyone want an advance copy of a new story? One that involves a family legend, five college girls, and something called "the spanking ghost". If so then I'll email you the story and you can get an advanced look for the low, low price of pointing out any typos that you find. Contact me and this deal can be yours. And it's not a limited offer - I'll take as many extra pairs of eyes that I can get. Just PM me with your email address and I'll send it right off.

Goodgulf

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#2 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 04:39
I'm game.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#3 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 04:56
Also happy to help!

jaydee
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 30 Oct 2011 14:23
I would like to help.

jaydee_45@hotmail.com

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 30 Oct 2011 18:11
I too could use the help if anyone would like to help me out. My ability to see errors in my work is limited to say the least. If anyone would like to volunteer to be an "editor" for me for the simple things you could send me your email address on a pop-up message.

I certainly appreciate any and all offers and wonder if this should not be a constant service where writers or readers could volunteer to help edit writing. I think it would take a load off Validators. Just an idea for consideration.

Saradora
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 14:31
For whatever it's worth:
1/Holiday deadlines are only urgent when you're writing for publication and being paid to do so. A Halloween story after the fact - a couple of weeks - is still very much appreciated by readers. Sometimes a holiday story gets lost among so many others that were posted on "the day."

2/As for helping others by editing and beta reading - I used to volunteer and found myself so swamped with stories written by others that I had little or no time to write my own. There's also the matter of offering help to authors who write content I'm not comfortable reading. Perhaps this site's webmasters could ask for assistance from folks skilled in editing and beta reading who rarely post their own works. A list of helpful volunteers seems to me to be a welcome addition to all authors.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#7 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 16:50
@canadianspankee and Goodgulf: I'm game too, but my priority goes to Februs who asked for a French native.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 20:34
Thanks for all the offers of help.

Due to my lateness in starting the story I've decided not up this to the library until next year. A rough draft of that story can be found at http://www.spanko.net/spanking_forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=911 .

Next up - dusting off the Christmas story that was "finished" last Spring.

Goodgulf

opb
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 4 Dec 2011 09:25
With regard to this issue of not spotting errors in one's own work, my kids participate on a site where you publish your fan-fiction. They have a system of 'beta-readers'. The idea is that you team up with someone of a like mind who does a quality control read of your work before publishing. It's optional of course and you choose who you'll ask, but one certainly can tell the stories which haven't had this treatment.

For myself I sometimes ask a couple of friends to do this, but it's mostly where I'm unhappy with some element of the story. Perhaps I should use them more often.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 3
badlad, BashfulBob, laura82, mheero, mobblers, pwb1812
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9