LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

My Plausibility Essay

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#11 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 03:03
Why do I have those moments of rolling my eyes and saying loud to no one in particular, "right-sure", every time a politician or an economist makes a statement on television? And it's real life, no fiction...

blimp
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 10:23
KJM:
Why do I have those moments of rolling my eyes and saying loud to no one in particular, "right-sure", every time a politician or an economist makes a statement on television? And it's real life, no fiction...

And weathermen too!!!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#13 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 15:21
I have a couple of observations that I think relate to this theme:

1. A spanking in a mainstream novel or movie makes a much larger impact on me that a similar scene in a spanking story or a spanking video. There are at least three reasons, and the most trivial one is surprise: unexpected things just make a greater impact than things you are waiting for. The second reason is closer to our discussion here: a mainstream spanking just seems much more "realistic" than a spanking devised by somebody known to have a spanko brain. The third and most important reason for our discussion, is that mainstream books and movies are based on characters — if the readers or viewers can not relate to the main characters, the book or movie is in big trouble. By the time you get to the spanking, you "know" and feel for the people involved — you feel the spankee's fear, shame and embarrassment and you understand the spanker's anger and exasperation. What Rollin describes, is a similar kind of involvement with the characters in spanking stories, and to achieve this we have to work on the characters in much the same way that ordinary authors do — the characters have to come to life as human beings and not just as cardboard figures only capable of spanking and getting spanked. (Yes, I agree that there are other kinds of stories were cardboard figures may work beautifully).

2. Most of us are obsessed with reality. What we are really craving for is a kind of real life spanking experience that probably only exists in our brains. Writing stories is one step away from reality, as are most of the spankings we get to give or receive — no matter how real we pretend them to be, they are really some kind of role play. We may be playing our own, real life roles, but unless we are doing something we really should get arrested for, there is a larger component of consensual play involved than in our ideal fantasies. Being one step away from reality is OK for most of us, but a story about role play is TWO steps away from reality, and although it is certainly possible to write good spanking stories of this kind, you have to be really clever, otherwise a feeling of "only pretending" sneaks in and ruins the story, at least for this reader. Hence if you want to write contemporary spanking stories about adult couples, you are aiming for a rather narrow target — you want to make your stories more "realistic" than what you are likely to experience in real life, and at the same time you want them to be consensual in some sense or other. What luck that most victims in our spanking stories turn out — unbeknownst to themselves — to have been spankos all their lives!

hottmae
Female Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 16:24
Rollin, though I agree "plausibility" is an essential ingredient to a well-written story, even the slightest degree of possibility will sometimes suffice. For ex. I once read a story about a leggy blond parading back and forth in a dental floss thong on a secluded beach in Maine. A group of middle-aged women sorely in need of Weight Watchers became annoyed that the young woman was flaunting her charms in their faces. Words were exchanged and after the blond referred to the ladies as cows, a short stout woman pounced on her. Grasping the waistband of the startled blond's thong she bounced her up down several times until the elastic snapped. Then she pulled the impudent girl over her lap and applied a rather lengthy and vigorous spanking. After nearly 20 minutes had passed the women released the boohooing young woman who immediately ran away rubbing her well roasted rump.

Now granted this probably didn't happen but there is a nonetheless a slim chance there is some truth to this tantalizing urban legend. And that is what I hang my hat on while finding the story very arousing.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 16:27
Hotmae, as a story MacGuffin I could see that one as workable, either as an "urban legend" or as an over-the-top parody.

blimp
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 17:24
Alef:
A spanking in a mainstream novel or movie makes a much larger impact on me that a similar scene in a spanking story or a spanking video. There are at least three reasons, and the most trivial one is surprise: unexpected things just make a greater impact than things you are waiting for. The second reason is closer to our discussion here: a mainstream spanking just seems much more "realistic" than a spanking devised by somebody known to have a spanko brain. The third and most important reason for our discussion, is that mainstream books and movies are based on characters — if the readers or viewers can not relate to the main characters, the book or movie is in big trouble. By the time you get to the spanking, you "know" and feel for the people involved — you feel the spankee's fear, shame and embarrassment and you understand the spanker's anger and exasperation.

Another reason may be they are better writers! James Joyce touches on the subject in one of his short stories. It will have a great effect on the reader because of his skill as a writer. It is logical, the more gifted the writer, the greater the emotion felt by the reader.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#17 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 17:48
blimp:
Another reason may be they are better writers!

What an extremely far-fetched idea!

blimp
Male Author

England
#18 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 18:16
Alef:
What an extremely far-fetched idea!

I am afraid you will have to try and suspend disbelief, Alef. Only my grandmother ever thought I was a genius and she has long gone!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#19 | Posted: 11 Oct 2011 18:18
blimp:
Only my grandmother ever thought I was a genius and she has long gone!

Her Angelness thinks you are genius, though! It shines through all her remarks.....

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#20 | Posted: 12 Oct 2011 03:17
hottmae:
For ex. I once read a story about a leggy blond parading back and forth in a dental floss thong on a secluded beach in Maine. A group of middle-aged women sorely in need of Weight Watchers became annoyed that the young woman was flaunting her charms in their faces. Word s were exchanged and after the blond referred to the ladies as cows, a short stout woman pounced on her. Grasping the waistband of the startled blond's thong she bounced her up down several times until the elastic snapped. Then she pulled the impudent girl over her lap and applied a rather lengthy and vigorous spanking. After nearly 20 minutes had passed the women released the boohooing young woman who immediately ran away rubbing her well roasted rump.

Mae - are you sure you read this .... knowing a you as little as I do... it seems to me that you could well be the young woman flaunting her charms. And we all know you are a spanko from way back to getting the spanking would be or might be fun for you. Hmmmm.... this causes me to wonder...urban legend or truth..... LOL

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 13 : Guests - 5
BibG, Derrick30, dxsuckit2112, gscheu, Hotscot, Jflow13, myrkassi, ogard, Ree, secretBss, stevenr, WilliamAllen, yankee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9