The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Nancy Drew

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 27 Sep 2011 23:45
Alas, I just googled the words "Nancy Drew Spanking" and it seems that another site that the story is on has opened up its archives to the net.

Sigh.

So if you search on those words you can read that story in a slightly easier to read format (at least easier for longer stories) and then come back to this board and post a comment (the comments being long ago locked on the other site).

And here's hoping that no young ones stumble over it...

Goodgulf

beth83
Female Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 28 Sep 2011 01:47
Some of the earlier Nancy Drew books have been rewritten. In one of the older version books I have, one of the characters chides Nancy for her poor manners and remarks that when she was Nancy's age, if she had talked that way to her elders, her mother would have put her across her knee for a sound spanking. I, too, have fantasized about spankings in the Nancy Drew books.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 28 Sep 2011 08:30
There are a number of popular works that I've often thought could be improved by a spanking. We did a thing at Bared Affair where one of the writers wrote a spanking of Hermione by Trelawney in Prisoner of Azkaban, it was described as a scene that Rowlings wrote, but was cut out of the finished book.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 29 Sep 2011 12:35
It is true that the Nancy Drew books written before 1959 were rewritten. This was done to eliminate ethnic references and other material that might be regarded as offensive, and they were also condensed. "Political Correctness" was around before the present day. However,another publisher Applewood Press has issued some of the original versions.
Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys and others were products of a team of writers employed by the Stratemeyer Syndicate beginning in 1927.
The early Hardy Boys books have also been rewritten for the same reason. Just happened to recall reading a Hardy Boys mystery once where their pals were horsing around and one of their friends paddled their chubby buddy Chet Morton with a little piece of plank or something. All in fun, although remember that Frank and Joe next day were commenting on whether or not Chet could yet sit down! Have a feeling that was likely an original version.
Might have been more interesting if the brothers had spanked Callie and Iola , their girlfriends, or some female criminals.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 29 Sep 2011 20:26
Speaking of the original versions, for the story I wrote I included elements that were purged from the books. Things like:
'Dockville' (a.k.a. the wrong side of the tracks) had appeared in early editions of the works, but later editors had written out it out as a collection of negative stereotyped minorities.

The first ten pages of that story were research note, copied from websites. Things like descriptions of her town, her home, various businesses in the town, and bullet points describing the main characters.

There's an amazing amount of info out there - anyone wanting to write a Nancy Drew spanking story can just grab chucks of that background and drop a spanking in.

Goodgulf

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 16 Oct 2011 14:21
I was able to find a copy of the original Nancy Drew book with a spanking reference that Beth referred to.It is titled Nancy's Mysterious Letter, was written in 1932, and involves stolen mail and another girl named Nancy Drew.
In it, a woman called Mrs Sheets who does not approve of the "young girls these days" and thinks Nancy may herself have been involved in the missing mail matter(which contained a letter with money for Mrs Sheets) tells Nancy during an encounter "When I was your age I wasn't too old to be taken across my mother's knees for a sound spanking if I didn't keep a civil tongue in my head for my elders." This btw is in a chapter called "A Fresh Puzzle"
In those early books Nancy was 16, I think they made her 18 in the rewritten editions. Don't know if they kept the spanking remark in those though, worth checking.
We might indeed agree with Mrs Sheets that teeenage girls who disrespect their elderes are indeed candidates for a sound spanking!

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 19 Oct 2011 12:12
Sure enough I looked at a later(1968) edition of Nancy's Mysterious Letter and the spanking reference was gone. And they even changed the names of some of the people mentioned- a family named Maroni with 8 kids got their last name changed to Brant. Maroni must have sounded too ethnic, though don't see that being given the name of a kind of goose is much of an improvement
Also ran across a modern Nancy book- The Nancy Files 5-Hit and Run Holiday. In this one Nancy and her gal pals are in Florida and there are is mention of Nancy wearing a string bikini.
That would have been perfect for that story someone talked about doing in BaredAffair with housekeeper Hannah Gruen spanking Nancy. Somehow, don't see her approving of Nancy wearing a suit like that.
Can just see it,Nancy lying over Hannah's knees in her string bikini and getting Hannah's hairbrush,or perhaps a paddle, applied to her poorly-protected cheeks until they are a bright red.
Nancy would be using a pillow on the seat of her convertible next time she went out sleuthing.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 19 Oct 2011 19:26
It's interesting that the references were once there. As I mentioned in the story I wrote, one of the attractions of the Nancy Drew / Hardy Boy books was that the main characters never really got in trouble. They might be told that they are disappointing someone but they never had the adults come crashing down on them.

As for the names - that was one of the things I discovered while researching. All the "those people are ethic" bits have been smoothed out - and the immigrant neighbourhood removed.

It might be nice to see a story of "modern Nancy Drew" switching places with "classic Nancy Drew". Classic Nancy would be horrified at how the modern girls are dressing and acting while Modern Nancy finds her modern attitudes landing her on lap after lap....

Alas, I don't have the time to review the notes and get into the mindset again, let alone write it...

Goodgulf

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 17:41
Believe it or not, found anothet spanking mention in a Nancy Drew mystery, from one published in 1982, no less?
Its called The Sinister Omen. In Nancy fails to respond promptly to a request by a 93 year old lady who is a friend of her father's. The lady, Mrs Palmer tells her "I don't believe Carson ever took a switch to you" and "You're not too old to spank. you know" as she scolds her.
Really, just they type of thing a no-nonsense feisty old lady might say to a teenage girl who has met her disapproval.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 00:03
Redskinluver:
Its called The Sinister Omen.

I'll have to look for that one.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 9
GEML66, sirdon, StefK, WillP
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9