The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Stories with/about spanking

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
rollin
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 21 Sep 2011 18:25
Alef:
I have four "no actual spanking" in a row now.

don't worry about it. "Menace from Mongo" has several chapters that had none and that was necessary in order to set up the plot situation correctly. You have to have all the moving parts aligned and characters fully developed.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 21 Sep 2011 23:39
LawrenceKinden:
I suppose I think that a story with spanking is of more merit as it's about character rather than spanking, in the same way that genre fiction is more interesting if the characters are sympathetic than if it's just a string of descriptions of sword fights and monsters and magic.

Pretentious, eh?

Not pretentious at all. And I'm not sure I agree that 'with' must necessarily be of more merit than 'about'.

All good fiction has believable (if not necessarily always sympathetic) character(s), whatever it's about. A string of sword fights & monsters without good characterisation is bad fiction, as is a spanking equivalent.

A story about spanking must surely be the perfect kind for this site, if done well, but as a theme it's quite narrow and specific, and it's one explored so excellently already by so many. Hence we branch out to explore other themes and genres, and create our 'With Spanking' stories. These may not appeal so much to those members or guests mainly interested in 'money shots', but do seem to be appreciated by longer-standing members who are perhaps already mostly 'spent' in that regard.

Alef:
everything running smoothly until I suddenly remember: SPANKING, I've got to get this wench spanked! Perhaps time to move on....?

I sympathise! I suspect many writers here have literary ambitions (and rightly and deservedly so) beyond the with-spanking dictates of the LSF (which Flopsy upholds so tenaciously!). But the LSF (thanks again, you guys!) is such a wonderful place to present our efforts to sympathetic, perceptive and often responsive readers that I, for one, find it hard to contemplate venturing out into the cold, bottomless world of without-spanking fiction, up Lit Creek without a paddle, as it were.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#13 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 03:06
I find stories about spankings more exciting, but I love to read long stories that have some spanking elements inside.

Most of my stories have some - at times slight - spanking elements, almost none are about spankings. Possibly because I don't know how to write an exciting spanking scene or probably because I start a story dreaming an end. Once the end is set, the plot write itself, the characters are born and the spanking appears by itself, always necessary to lead the plot to its inevitable (because already written) end.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#14 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 10:14
TheEnglishMaster:
Alef:
everything running smoothly until I suddenly remember: SPANKING, I've got to get this wench spanked! Perhaps time to move on....?

I sympathise! I suspect many writers here have literary ambitions (and rightly and deservedly so) beyond the with-spanking dictates of the LSF (which Flopsy upholds so tenaciously!).

Why not? One of our best sold german authors of sex and crime historical novels (and they sell millions!) started writing on a fiction fandom board (and their description of a female birching is much more cruel than everything I read on this board), so go on!

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 15:41
I like a good plot, interesting characters, and a story written without endless repetition of SMACK!
If its a discipline spanking, makes sure that the reason for it is appropriate. And there is nothing wrong with new stories with old twists, like the shoplifter, the shrewish wife, the spoiled teenage brat,etc.
A story either catches one's attention or it doesnt. And in the end it comes down to what one prefers. If you like say M/F erotic historical romance thats what will appeal to you. If it is of course well done-and that so far has been the case with just about everything I have read in the Library. Though there are thousands I have yet to read.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 15:56
TheEnglishMaster:
I sympathise! I suspect many writers here have literary ambitions (and rightly and deservedly so) beyond the with-spanking dictates of the LSF (which Flopsy upholds so tenaciously!). But the LSF (thanks again, you guys!) is such a wonderful place to present our efforts to sympathetic, perceptive and often responsive readers that I, for one, find it hard to contemplate venturing out into the cold, bottomless world of without-spanking fiction, up Lit Creek without a paddle, as it were.

The LSF is a great site for feedback and encouragement, but its definitely not the only one. Under different names around the internet, I write science fiction, political satire, story reviews, fan fiction, weird surrealist stuff, and horror.There are PLENTY of good places to get feedback on non-kinky writing.

I've read several great pieces of fiction on this site with a spanking thrown in as an afterthought. This annoys me for two reasons. The first is that I come here to read spanking stories, damnit, and I don't want to have to sift through the library find the real deal. The second is that the obligatory spanking fits the story like a square peg in a circular hole, and makes the story much weaker and less enjoyable than it should have been. There have been a couple of times when I felt the author was guilty of downright sabatoging his/her own work by turning it into a spanking story when it clearly was not meant to be.

To put it simply, if you have an idea for a spanking story, submit it here. If you have a story that you need to add a spanking to so that you can submit it here, do your own writing a favor and post it someplace else.

blimp
Male Author

England
#17 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 17:20
SNM:
I come here to read spanking stories, damnit, and I don't want to have to sift through the library find the real deal.

Come on please, you will have me in tears soon!! Let people write what they want you can always go on to the next story. It hardly takes any effort. The worse thing that could happen is if all the LSF authors decided to write the same type of story. Variety, after all, adds a little spice! If a story doesn't appeal to you someone else may love it. I often really like those stories where a spanking is almost an afterthought.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 17:36
TheEnglishMaster:
we branch out to explore other themes and genres, and create our 'With Spanking' stories. These may not appeal so much to those members or guests mainly interested in 'money shots', but do seem to be appreciated by longer-standing members who are perhaps already mostly 'spent' in that regard.

That pretty much sums up where I am on this. And the challenge, as SNM notes above, is to make it a good spanking genre tale without just "throwing in" the spanking scene. A hard task sometimes. You have to lay the groundwork and establish the characters. This is a frequent failing in the "spanking romance novel" genre. There is a whole essay on my blog about this and I should post that here.

edb
Male Author

Spain
#19 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 18:27
rollin:
There is a whole essay on my blog about this and I should post that here.

Over the years I´ve developed a style of writing that I´m comfortable with, but I´m not too old to learn so please do rollin, I´m sure I´m not the only one who would like to read your thoughts on this subject.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 20:54
My story for the recent competition was most definitely a love story that included spanking which was an integral part of the relationship. I admit I got a bit carried away with my attempts to show just how different the 60s and 70s were from the 21st century, but I enjoyed writing it enormously and personally consider it to be one of my best pieces of writing yet!

Stories just about spanking would be too formulaic to hold my attention for long, although the blatantly populist 500 word story I entered won first prize, despite the fact that I hold it in no particular regard.

But then it just depends on what floats your boat.

it's a broad church and we all get to know which authors we like.
Long may there exist a wide variation of stories on this board.

If we start getting censorious then some may say no stories involving children, no school stories, no stories where force is used in any form, no stories unless both participants are willing, no stories inviolving masculine dominance, no judicial stories and so on.

So lets just leave it to the authors to carry on giving freely of their time and imagination, hopefully for others enjoyment, and if you don't like a story the just close it!
If you do then please comment on it.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 5
78spank, abelard, Dansmyb, DarJack, jenwish, jogreenknickers, luw1818, medici, Tommy369
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9