The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Anatomy and the English Language

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Cal33
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 20 Aug 2011 19:28
News Item: Literary Review's Bad Sex in Fiction Award for 2010 went to Rowan Somerville for passages in his second novel, The Shape of Her. When presented with the award, Somerville said, "There is nothing more English than bad sex." !!! Ha!

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#32 | Posted: 20 Aug 2011 20:10
jools:
As far as describing female anatomy is concerned it has often been said that Coleridge's poem Kubla Khan is also a metaphor for the female genitalia and the sexual act itself.

I've often wondered whether Kubla Khan is a work of genius or the unexpected result of narcotic influence?

Coleridge himself made a distinction between the times he was high and the times he was lucid, calling the first the "ego nocturnos" (the night-self), and the second the "ego diurnus" (the day-self).

Having studied the Rime of the Ancient Mariner for my 'O level' years ago, I can confirm that there were times when the "ego diurnus" definitely took over.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 19:41
All this talk about "flowery" language to describe sex and anatomy inspired me to do some "sexual slang" research. It's amazing what you can learn on the internet! LOL

The result: my latest story, "Talk Dirty to Me"

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#34 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 20:31
Why can't "Kubla Khan" be both a work of genius and an opium-fuelled hallucination? Although the drug could hardly have provided him with the brilliant choice of words. As for its sexual undertones, see my own work "Ajmal Khan". All those underground passages and rushing water certainly have sexual meanings, though I'd caution against the crude Freudianism that would say that is THE meaning; and as for that "deep romantic chasm!?! The poem works best if it remains a bit of a mystery, and it's not a riddle with one meaning like some Dan Brown effort.

As for "cunt", it has an ugly sound, which may be why it's become more dramatic in impact (the word, not the body part) with time. Non-Brits may be surprised that there was once a Gropecunt Lane in London. I use it when I want to shock or convey roughness, as for example the white van guy Sophie in "The Perils of Role Play" thinks is from the company.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 20:35
barretthunter:
there was once a Gropecunt Lane in London.

Oh my! I learn something new on here every day!

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#36 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 20:47
Janine:

Yes, read it please!

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 21:55
corncrake:
Janine:

Yes, read it please!

I second that - a wonderful read. Bravo, Janine!

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#38 | Posted: 24 Aug 2011 17:43
barretthunter:
Non-Brits may be surprised that there was once a Gropecunt Lane in London.

Cock Lane is a London thoroughfare and can be found near Smithfield Market in the City.

In the 18th century, number 33 was the scene of one London's most infamous hauntings.

Scratching Fanny of Cock Lane.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 18:20
Labeling 'cunt' and other four letter words (shit etc) as vulgar is merely continuing the culture genocide that began after the Norman Invasion. Following the Conquest the common (or vulgar) people spoke one language while the nobility spoke another - but the languages slowly shifted together. This linguistic divide is most clear when you examine names of food animals and compare them to what their food is called - the peasants raised the animals but the nobles ate the meat.

Cows give Beef.
Sheep give mutton
Deer give venison.

Isn't it time to call an end to this cultural genocide and stop calling those four letter words "vulgar"?

Goodgulf
(who recently discovered that 'cuntline' is a nautical term.)

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#40 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 18:27
Sheep is five letters. Since the French version of cunt is con (three letters), why doesn't cunt give con? Or does it? What exactly is a con-man? Or (with trepidation) a conservative?

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
Balor, capwill, stevenr, theo54, thepreacherswife, tocciek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9