Page  Page 1 of 13: 1 2 3 4 5  ... 9 10 11 12 13 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 27 Jul 2011 22:25
Picture Story Challenge, August 2011
Last date/time for submission: midnight (GMT) Wed 31 august
Voting: 1st September to 14th September inclusive. (GMT)

We are pleased to announce a new contest.

- Please write a spanking story based on your interpretation of the picture below.
- The story should be a minimum of 500 words in length. There is no upper limit.
- You can feature whatever orientation you prefer to write about - M/F, F/m etc.
- You can have more than one entry if you wish.
- All stories entered must not have been previously published anywhere on the internet.
- Please note that we do not allow stories that feature sex between an adult and a minor.

As before, all stories entered for the contest will not reveal the authors name until after the voting has taken place. PLEASE DO NOT LET ANYONE KNOW YOUR STORY IN ADVANCE. You, the library members can vote accordingly for your favourite stories.

How To Submit Your Story For The Challenge

Stories can be submitted either by using the Contact Us button and pasting your story into the message box or by sending them to our main email address. If you don't have our main email address then either message one of the site admins via the Activity screen (click the envelope icon to the left of the admin's name) who will message you back and give it to you, or send us a brief message again using the Contact Us button and we'll email you back.

Whichever way you do it please make sure your site user name is provided and you make it clear that the story is for the contest. Preferred format for stories is plain text but as described elsewhere we can handle most formats including rtf, pdf, Microsoft Word and others.

Stories submitted for the contest will be pre-formatted and loaded to the library in the usual way except that they will initially be set to "restricted" so that they will not be visible to other site users.

When the voting begins the Story Contest screen will list all the stories that were entered but the author names will not be shown, just the story titles. The story contest software is accessible by clicking the Latest button from the site menu, and then the Contest button. When the contest is open for voting this button will be yellow, in the meantime there won't be much to see except details of the previous contest.

Users will be able to view all of the stories from this screen. Note that contest stories will not appear in the Latest Read table, nor will the Activity page show the story details of what is being read. Similarly, should you decide to comment on a contest story you will only see your own comment and not those of others, nor will the comment show up in the Latest Commented list. And finally, if you decide to make one or more of the contest stories a 'favourite' it will only show up in your Favourites list when voting has concluded. All of these measures are simply to try and not reveal the names of the authors until voting has finished.

Voting
You can place your votes on every entry, and assign each one a score between 0 and 10. Authors can vote for their own stories if they want to - but please vote for all the others and not just your own! It will also be possible to change the number of points allocated to an entry either by voting on it again with a different number of points or by deleting the vote and starting over.

At the end of the voting period it will no longer be possible to vote any more and the story challenge screen will then show the scores for the top 3 stories & 3 runners up. Points awarded for the other entries will not be shown as it could well be demotivating or upsetting to an author if they received very few points. However, if a particular author really wants to know they can always send us a popup message and we'll provide the info.

If you have never written any stories before, now is your chance to have a go! You don't have to be an established spanking author to join in, and it doesn't matter if you have never written a story before. Do try it - it will be fun reading all the entries.

Thanks and good luck everyone,
flopsy

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 27 Jul 2011 23:05
flopsybunny:
At the end of the voting period it will no longer be possible to vote any more and the poetry contest screen will then show the top 3 poems

flopsybunny:
If you have never written anything in verse before, now is your chance to have a go!

I'm not sure you meant for this to be in this notice.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 27 Jul 2011 23:35
rollin:
I'm not sure you meant for this to be in this notice.

I didn't! And now I have to report to Miss Thrashbottom

I'm not scared though

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 27 Jul 2011 23:46
flopsybunny:
I'm not scared though

Ha ha...you have an special arrangement with Miss Thrashbottom because of your Head Library position, don't you? I suspect favouritism here, and it should not be allowed.

For not being scared when going to Miss Thrashbottom clearly shows you are getting special treatment, well...we all demand such special treatment! Such behaviour on part of the Head Librarian is certainly worth two visits to Miss Thrashbottom's office and for both you should be shaking at the knees!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 27 Jul 2011 23:59
Those swans and the duck aren't going to be disappearing on us, are they? (I do recall a disappearing bird in a previous contest) The waterfowl are pretty much the key to my story idea.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 28 Jul 2011 01:14
No, they won't be disappearing Rick, so you can make your story just as foul as you like

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 28 Jul 2011 01:20
flopsybunny:
No, they won't be disappearing Rick, so you can make your story just as foul as you like

I'll do that - I might just have another last-place winner in me.

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 28 Jul 2011 01:38
I believe I have me an idea. It couldn't possibly be any more foul than Ricks

Happy writing every one.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 28 Jul 2011 02:53
I may have an idea, but unfortunately the plot relies on a water skiing match and, well, no watersports allowed.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 28 Jul 2011 02:59
SNM
Well unless you have a really fast rower!

Page  Page 1 of 13: 1 2 3 4 5  ... 9 10 11 12 13 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 21
BigBillie, Odysseus600, Tom360
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9