Most Commented Stories List

Page  Page 7 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#61 | Posted: 30 Jul 2011 18:32
KJM:
I haven't been adding any stories since the beginning of LSF. The number of the comments that I have is from zero to dismal. I would love to think that it's because my stories were posted before 1:500 ratio policy and not because of their quality.

That's absolutely the reason. Too few people look at the older stories, and sometimes when they do, it's because they liked a newer story by the author they caught on the front page. Try something new - I'm betting you'll see more comments.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#62 | Posted: 30 Jul 2011 18:58
I agree, KJM. You get lost in the dusty archives unless you post. Publish or perish as they say. But when you post new things and attract readers then they search out your old ones. I still see people reading things like "Atonement" and "A Very Bright Girl" and such and those are 8-10 years old.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#63 | Posted: 30 Jul 2011 21:56
I do notice that when a story - new or old - attracts one comment, it usually gets more. This may be partly because it's comment-worthy, but not entirely, I think, especially since some of these are old stories that originally sunk without trace. Someone discovers the story, comments on it, and then others follow. Certainly that's welcome and I enjoy reading comments on my work, but that's because they actually have something to say.

Page  Page 7 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
Bluke, Matteo69, PatMurphy, TheClyo
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9