The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Most Commented Stories List

Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 20:24
I find it hard to judge how many comments some of my stories have... In 2 - 3 cases I've broken a single story into bit sized chunks. I still consider those to be stories, but they are listed here as series and each part gets their own comments.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 22:22
Goodgulf:
I find it hard to judge how many comments some of my stories have... In 2 - 3 cases I've broken a single story into bit sized chunks.

And that is the crux of the problem. In many cases it's all one story, just published in parts. These are not really "series" or "serials". There are, to be fair, some long running "series" which are like weekly TV shows---new story, but same cast and setting, like CSI. And there may be some true serials--long tales in which each new episode is a continuation of the plot, but mostly what are labeled series are just stories broken into multiple parts. IMHO the comment count should be the total of all the parts.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#13 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 23:42
Never having even come close to the "most commented" list may make my comment seem off base however to me the award should go to the new readers who comment more then 25 times a year on different stories.

I do not care how many comments each story gets, but as we have talked about before on this forum, really the object is to get new readers to comment rather then give awards or medals to those who happen to get them.

If you want awards for comments then give them to the newer readers who within their first year do 25 comments and so forth. We have all sorts of awards for authors, how about giving some readers credit for the comments they make.

I would suggest that perhaps the library admin re-look at the "comment medals" and suggest upping the counts to reflect the new comment counts by the month.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 02:16
anitalynn:
it would be nice to have a buttons at at the top of the page, that would take you right to a list of authors who earned an award and the reason they earned it

And make sure there's an award for winning last place in the poetry contest.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 09:46
Gosh there are a lot of good ideas popping up here. Not surprising considering the high level of intelligence & perversion that walks the isles of the Library. Keep em coming! I would simply comment at this point that regardless of other similar ideas the issue at hand is this.

Is it the sense of the regulars that we request of staff that a medal or other easily programmable visible something be awarded to writers for making the present 'Most Commented List'?

I personal hope for more ideas on this thread but am hopeful as well that a consensus on that question will emerge. More from me on this in a couple of days while the idea percolates.

Grin!

blimp
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 10:05
I think there should be a medal for the author who has the least medals so he or she doesn't feel left out! Also we could have a medal for the librarian that manages to eat the most crisps during the week. Alternatively we could award a medal to the person making the most foolish suggestion on this thread!

mati
Female Member

Germany
#17 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 10:46
blimp
Up to now I like your ideas best. So if I had to decide, you would never get the medal for the most foolish suggestion, if you hoped for that medal. Some other awards: The reader who can produce the most story-view-counts in 10minutes, has chosen the most favourites in one day, and makes the most comments per hour/read.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 12:26
How about a medal for the member who comes up with the most new features that Februs has to write code for?

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#19 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 13:44
We could even have a medal for the one who suggests how we can even get more medals for doing nothing! Or how about a medal for everyone who comments on this thread?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#20 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 13:58
Well since they are now giving out medals for commenting on this thread I might as well add my 2 cents worth :-P ... how about giving story validators a nice big shiny medal for reaching a certain number of story validations... they definitely deserve some accolades for all their hard work.

Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 7
Azarga, daveyboy, dustinwin, hampshire, Howabout, Michito21, oxford, paddlingman, PGreenham, rabbitrun, TonyC
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9