LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Most Commented Stories List

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
twisted8
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 08:56
Perhaps it is time to create one of those dandy medals for those who's pieces make this list. It currently takes (as of today) twenty three (23) comments to get on. Due to time and events and the successful encouragement of more commenting by the readership, many of the previous holders of this prestigious statistic are now having their stories drop off the list by new work. Given that the hard work of creating a piece is only rewarded by accolades of some kind I would strongly recommend to staff that they give this their most serious and expeditious consideration.

Gotta keep those wonderful writers happy and on the path. Grin!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 09:01
23 comments? There are people who have 23 comments on the one story? I've never been able to get that many. I feel pretty lucky if I can get into double figures.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#3 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 09:52
Well, if I counted correctly, there are 35 stories with 23 or more comments. Out of a total of almost 16 000 stories, that is slightly above 0.2 percent. Which means that if you have written more than 500 stories, you may feel slightly worried about not being on the list (Oh, horrible thought, are you below average — or is your work just so much above average that it does not appeal to common taste?)

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#4 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 10:56
I agree with twisted that some sort of award on the authors page would be great for meeting the 20 or more comments mark...as it is a huge accomplishment)...which does eventually eventuate in the story sliding down and even off the most commented list...I only have one story still in this category...KLSF Party at the Spanker Inn (since it has KLSF in the title it attracted lots of reads and comments). My ohter story that made the list was quickly pushed down and off) But for any story that makes it onto the list at any point in time a permanent award/medal would serve as a great reminder of the achievement to the respective authors if/when the story slides down the prestigious list As it is sad to see your story slid off the bottom (booo hooo hooo hehe)

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 12:38
I have two stories with 24 comments each, soon to depart the list, joining several others of mine that met the same fate. With nothing of late coming close to making the list, I guess I'm destined for obscurity.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#6 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 12:58
I boosted one of them to 25. On the other one, the last comment was by yourself.....

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 17:07
I'd like to see this list expanded to a second page at least. With so many works now published here it would seem that readers should be able to find the "top 100". This might help in the search for "old Gold".

rollin
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 17:14
I just had another thought--serials or multi-part stories. These are often broken up for convenience, but really if you took all the comments on the various parts and added them up, some multipart stories would stack up very well. maybe put "most commented serials" in a separate list. Now you've really given readers a great way to discover lost treasures.

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 17:24
Speaking of awards.......I think it would be nice to have a buttons at at the top of the page, maybe slipped between CHALLENGES and LUCKY DIP, that would take you right to a list of authors who earned an award and the reason they earned it.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 25 Jul 2011 18:15
I would feel honored to have an award on my author's page for a story receiving 20+ comments. It might be nice to have an award for a story being favorited a bunch. I'm not sure how many favorites it takes to get on the current stats list - maybe 15 - 20 is my guess. As an author, what would make those awards particularly meaningful is their ones the readers bestow on you. I suppose I could comment on one of my stories 25+ times, but I can't do that with favorites.

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 8
ebbetsjim, FiddlersGreen, hampshire, john4, Nickf, Perry, sheep, tippe9782
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9