LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Little Red Circle

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
SNM
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 15 Jul 2011 23:38
When my most recent story (paddling team 3) was validated, I was positive it was going to get the "major sexual content" tag. Apparently, though, it only got the moderate, purple tag. Looking back over the story, I'm really at a loss to think of any way it could possibly be dirtier.

So, just how damned filthy does a story need to be before it gets the little red circle?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 01:52
SNM:
So, just how damned filthy does a story need to be before it gets the little red circle?

Just keep writing until one of your stories finally gets the coveted award. Then you'll know.

Guy

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 02:48
I've wondered about that as well. I've got some stories (mostly parts of Arizona Vacation) where I going into details yet are only labeled as moderate... One of these days I'll do a search and see what I need to do to get higher than that.

Goodgulf

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 06:55
SNM:
When my most recent story (paddling team 3) was validated, I was positive it was going to get the "major sexual content" tag. Apparently, though, it only got the moderate, purple tag. Looking back over the story, I'm really at a loss to think of any way it could possibly be dirtier.

Basically, we try and aim for a reasonable amount of consistency in the assigning of the sexual content icons plus other elements involved in the validation process. The line between moderate and major can be a little blurry as the actual decision is of course subjective. However, we would indicate moderate sexual content if the story features quite a lot of sex but the language used to describe it isn't 'colourful' or in bad taste; and we would flag something as containing major sexual content if the story contains significant sexual description using more 'colourful' language, and which may be likely to cause offence to a significant number of people.

The reasoning behind the sexual content icons is to inform potential readers in advance. By flagging up stories as appropriate, readers are given a choice to read something or not, depending on their preference.

Anyway, we'll check out the story, but the above is our rationale. And note that if something is all filth and no spank, we wouldn't accept it in the first place

SNM
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 07:00
flopsybunny:
Anyway, we'll check out the story, but the above is our rationale. And note that if something is all filth and no spank, we wouldn't accept it in the first place

Oh, I'm not saying that I want my story reclassified. I was just wondering how the system worked.

Also, filth without spank? What is this vanilla blasphemy I hear?

JohnH
Male Member

England
#6 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 10:16
I think it only fair SNM gets the "Red Circle" After all most of his characters seem to end up getting 2 "Red Circles" on a regular basis!!!

SNM
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 11:06
JohnH:
I think it only fair SNM gets the "Red Circle" After all most of his characters seem to end up getting 2 "Red Circles" on a regular basis!!!

Oh you...

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#8 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 11:15
SNM
I validated it and gave it the moderate icon as that was how it read to me, two adults having consensual but straight sexual fun. I save the highest (which is not really a target) option for the really heavy sex that is possible to offend people. We do have guidelines as flopsy has outlined but there is also an amount of individuality too, as with anything that several different people do.

If you are not happy with any of your validations you can contact any of the admins to ask any questions you may have.

edit, I have re-read the story and still stick with what I picked... If flopsy or Febs disagree then they can change it but to me you are basically describing oral sex that is unlikely to offend most people...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 12:14
PinkAngel:
I validated it

I figured that sooner or later we'd find out that, somehow, Pink was to blame.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 12:17
njrick:
I figured that sooner or later we'd find out that, somehow, Pink was to blame.

Watch it you, you know I can delete ALL the comments on your stories

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 7
ebbetsjim, FiddlersGreen, hampshire, john4, Nickf, Perry, sheep, tippe9782
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9