LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Incomplete serials

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 19:02
Every now and then we try and tidy up the serials that we have loaded and we're currently back in serial tidying mode just now. This time, however, we've added an additional feature in order to alert readers to those serials which are incomplete and which appear unlikely to be completed. The reason for doing this is because many readers find it frustrating when serials that they're enjoying remain incomplete. So, serials that we have not marked as complete and which have had no further parts added for over a year will now be shown as "incomplete" when viewed on the serials tab of author pages and also, the reader will be alerted when viewing any of the parts of an "incomplete" serial.

We've currently got over 750 serials which have not been marked as complete and these will fall into the following categories:

- complete but not marked as such
- incomplete
- unknown

If authors could once again check the status of their serials and let us know if they have any that are complete but not marked as such that would be very helpful. In the meantime we'll try and categorise as many of the remainder as we can over the coming months.

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#2 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 19:37
Uh oh...That lights a fire under my butt to get moving on mine. I have none that are complete and a good few that I need to move on

Raptor
Male Author

Canada
#3 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 22:10
I have one I started around 1967.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#4 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 02:33
If we have one that we want to add to some day, but inspiration hasn't struck/we haven't had time, is it ok to leave them as "incomplete"? Should we mark them "complete" and then add more if we get to it? (I have one that is two linked stories, I'd like to write more, but maybe it stands on its own?)

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 03:54
I have an incomplete serial, which I've been working on over 2 years - but won't submit it until it IS complete. I wouldn't leave anyone hanging

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 04:33
JessicaK:
If we have one that we want to add to some day, but inspiration hasn't struck/we haven't had time, is it ok to leave them as "incomplete"? Should we mark them "complete" and then add more if we get to it? (I have one that is two linked stories, I'd like to write more, but maybe it stands on its own?)

Yes, it's OK to leave them as incomplete, all we're doing is alerting the reader that the serial isn't complete and may never be. If at a later stage a further part gets submitted we'll simply remove the "incomplete" status.

Two linked stories sounds more like an ordered or unordered series and this "incomplete" marker doesn't apply to those.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 13 Aug 2017 19:25
I have two incomplete ones, but it can mainly be attributed to me failing to get my thumb out of my arse. I'll try to finalize them asap. That means this year ...hopefully.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
canio6, Euphrosyne, Fokus014, katee, luw1818, Takeninhand
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9