'Caught In The Act' Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 5 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 10 11 12 »»
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 20 Jun 2017 19:05
RyanRowland:
Uh-oh! That pretty much eliminates my stories. "Too much plot and not enough spanking."

May I recommend the Monty Python solution? On irregular and unjustified occasions in the story you punch in "Intermission" which in this case consists of relentless spanking not related to the plot. It worked for them

RyanRowland:
Whoa! Stop! Hush! Are you trying to give away EVERYBODY'S plot in advance?

Just trying to be helpful here... I can't write them all myself you know

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#42 | Posted: 20 Jun 2017 20:50
My advice would be to forget that it is a competition (sorry, a challenge) and write the story you want to write no matter how it is put together. You may not win, but in the long run your readers will be thankful you followed your instincts.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#43 | Posted: 20 Jun 2017 21:09
Glagla

That sounds like the best movie critic ever. I recall one of our papers writing down Mortal Kombat when it came, labelling it "1½ hours of pointless kicking and ultra violence". I had to go see it and I loved it. Se if you remember this one, it's a classic:

The thing was, this guy really was a serious writer and reporter as well. I forget what his real name is, he pen name for the movie critic column was Joe Bob Briggs, the Drive In Movie Critic of Grapevine, TX. All he ever reviewed were the really bad movies that got shown at Drive In's, when we still had drive in theaters. At the end of the column he would have a litany of what he considered special about the movie, it would read like this.

"Gratuitous multiple ardvarkinig, 3 1/2 stars for Biff and Stella for making the sign of the three corner wombat, gratuitous car chases, gratuitous nudity, special mention for Stella and her two enormous talents, absolutely no plot to get in the way of the story, 87 on the vomit meter, Job Bob says check it out."

It had absolutely no redeeming value, but was fun to read each week.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 20 Jun 2017 22:59
stevenr:
"Gratuitous multiple ardvarkinig, 3 1/2 stars for Biff and Stella for making the sign of the three corner wombat, gratuitous car chases, gratuitous nudity, special mention for Stella and her two enormous talents, absolutely no plot to get in the way of the story, 87 on the vomit meter, Job Bob says check it out."

Well, to me it sounds as if that movie had it all and you really don't need that much plot to make a movie a success.

I mean, just look at Mad Max - Fury Road. Five minutes of plot to make you hate the bad guys; then one massive car chase to the dead ocean - and then back again, with a thirty seconds ending. Not enough boobs though...

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#45 | Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:12
Glagla

Well, to me it sounds as if that movie had it all and you really don't need that much plot to make a movie a success.

when I was in my early 20's, that was fine entertainment.

To be honest, now as I get older, I do appreciate the semblance of a plot these days. Though two of my favorites of all time are still "Smokey and the Bandit" and "Blazing Saddles" My girlfriend and I have a bunch of tag lines from "Blazing Saddles" we use on each other.

And what self respecting spanko doesn't love McLintock.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#46 | Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:09
stevenr:
Though two of my favorites of all time are still "Smokey and the Bandit" and "Blazing Saddles"

True classics. I used to entertain my oldest son when he was a kid, putting Bandit on TV when we needed a quiet moment. He preferred that to cartoons and "Bandit" was one of the words he first learned to say. I think he saw it well over 100 times and he became a decent man when he grew up anyway.

Has no one managed to guess this one yet? It was one of the absolutelty biggest movies a few years back. Kids loved it:

"A family is nearly wiped out by a brutal serial killer, leaving only the father and his now physically disabled son alive. In a twisted turn of events, the son is kidnapped and the father has to chase the kidnapper thousands of miles, aided by a mentally disabled woman."

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:16
Alef:
My advice would be to forget that it is a competition (sorry, a challenge) and write the story you want to write no matter how it is put together.

Exactly my point. It's all a part of making this site bigger and more entertaining. Attention is good and as a challenge, it helps us to evolve as writers as it forces us to think outside our ordinary comfort zone. Like the last time; I'd never in my life imagined that I'd ever - EVER - write a F/M story. I think it was really challenging and educative. Even if that doesn't exactly mean that I'll now run off throwing myself across the lap of the next woman I meet. My mind is still the same but hopefully it'll mean that the quality of my stories improves.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#48 | Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:58
Glagla:
"A family is nearly wiped out by a brutal serial killer, leaving only the father and his now physically disabled son alive. In a twisted turn of events, the son is kidnapped and the father has to chase the kidnapper thousands of miles, aided by a mentally disabled woman."

Finding Nemo. Easy-peasy.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#49 | Posted: 21 Jun 2017 11:12
PhilK:
Finding Nemo. Easy-peasy.

Damn it Phil, you must read the same memes as I do...

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#50 | Posted: 21 Jun 2017 13:53
If we're going to use our favourite films, then an allegory of Tombstone, in which evil saloon girls are spanked by three brothers balancing improbably large slugs on their top lips and Doc Holliday says, "My hypocrisy knows no bounds " as he tells a saloon girl she has no morals.

Page  Page 5 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 10 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 5
Artemishel, ccmatt02, Geoffrey, kanestrokes, lowendtheory, Nelon, Rahundy, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9