The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

New Author - Overlap

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:03
Welcome to the authors' ranks at the LSF. You're now entitled to all the privileges that accrue to someone of this lofty status.

Overlap
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:38
I'm just curious how people feel about the "Stand-Alone" value of a sequel, prequel etc.
Should it be judged entirely as an independent story? So that someone who may be reading it can understand and enjoy it without the benefit of having read the first installment?

I struggled with that a little. I didn't want to bog the story down by rehashing too much information from the first episode. However I didn't want to write a story that was incoherent if you read it singularly. I guess I kind of split the difference. What do you prefer?

OverLap

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 28 Apr 2017 07:29
Such a great story, beautifully written! Another real quality author joins the Library. Welcome!

To answer your question about sequel/prequel you can always add an author note that suggests that the story is best read after ____. I'd suggest adding enough "review" to remind someone who may have read the original a few weeks earlier, and not worry too much about people who haven't read it at all. If you point them toward it (and there's an official way to do that within the Library) they'll go seek it out if they're curious enough.

Overlap
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 20:07
Thanks RosieRad. I hadn't thought about author's notes.
I've submitted the sequel. I think I have to wait until the next publishing cycle for it to be released.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 30 Apr 2017 20:47
Overlap:
I think I have to wait until the next publishing cycle for it to be released.

The wai-ai-aiting is the hardest part....

david557
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 11 Jul 2017 01:39
"Trading Places" is one of the best stories I have ever read - really pushes lots of buttons for me. Would love to see Part 3, wherein Jocelyn gives Brandon his 20 swats a day for five days, and both of them discover the pleasure that goes with the pain...

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 12 Jul 2017 14:37
Welcome to the library, overlap. Your stories are quite exciting and I forward to reading more as you post them in the library. As Cherry Red I have tried my hand at F/m. I enjoy writing stories with those dynamics from time to time.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 15 Jul 2017 17:48
Welcome Overlap! I've just read part one of "Trading Places", and found it tasty. Welcome to your new status as an LSF author. You belong here!

Guy (Guyspencer)

brenli
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 24 Jul 2017 02:11
Welcome Overlap and thanks for the great stories. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 15
bluepencil, darkeros, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9