LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Insecure warning messages on login

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 16:37
As some of you have probably noticed the most recent versions of Firefox and Chrome are displaying a rather tiresome warning message about insecure logins. No doubt, many of you will be already aware that there are websites that use SSL (secure sockets layer) to encrypt the traffic between your browser and the site's web server. This kind of security is clearly essential where personal or financial details are being stored and transmitted. At some point we may well implement SSL on the LSF but it's currently not a priority. What is annoying, however, is the way the browser manufacturers have gone about nagging the user in their most recent releases, using alarmist language where it's unnecessary and also not providing a simple way for the user to subsequently disable these warning messages. The cynical amongst us (including myself) would have to wonder if there was some collusion with the various bodies that issue the SSL certificates, some of which can work out quite expensive.

Anyway, if you want to switch off the warning message and you're a Firefox user the following should do it for you if you feel up to doing it:

1. open up a new tab

2. enter about:config in the address bar and press enter/return.

3. accept warning about being careful (if you get it)

4. type insec in the search box to filter the list

5. double-click the security.insecure_field_warning.contextual.enabled preference to switch the value from true to false

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#2 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 19:05
Thank you for the heads up regarding the matter, both knowledgeable and insightful.

opb
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 18 Mar 2017 14:41
Thanks Febs,
I'd never have found that out on my own. I'd thought that it was a warning about a Superior Spanking Lady

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 18 Mar 2017 18:39
Your instructions worked for me. One more PITA bites the dust. Thank you Febs!

Guy

Online now: Members - 1 : Guests - 11
john4
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9