LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

F/M Spanking Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 8 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#71 | Posted: 5 Mar 2017 20:04
I agree, co-writing has its frustrating parts and I doubt I would enter. However there are a lot of people who do it all the time so who knows how any such Challenge would do. When one writes they have a picture in their head and two people not very close in distance may have a problem getting the same pictures and how they relate.

CS

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#72 | Posted: 6 Mar 2017 13:48
So, get your thumbs out writers, deadline tonight!! I'm not in this one so we do need volume (Yes, that's how my usual contribution can be pretty much described...)

SNM
Male Author

USA
#73 | Posted: 7 Mar 2017 05:41
Well, its not likely I'll be finished in time at this rate. Blame a busy workweek and poor health.

kerrsutherland
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#74 | Posted: 7 Mar 2017 22:17
I am very annoyed with myself. I had an entry very nearly finished, about 3 or so pages to go, when I got a dang migraine that wouldn't let me concentrate. Probably finish and post. Don't want my work to go for nothing & I wouldn't mind hearing comments.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#75 | Posted: 9 Mar 2017 07:46
Is it bad form to put a guess as to who the author is in your comment when reading a contest entry?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#76 | Posted: 9 Mar 2017 08:23
RosieRad:
Is it bad form to put a guess as to who the author is in your comment when reading a contest entry?

Since nobody can read anyone else's comments before the Challenge's voting is concluded, I don't believe that there should be a problem with that.

I've occasionally included hints about my guess at authorship in my comments on Challenge entries...

--C.K.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#77 | Posted: 9 Mar 2017 12:43
RosieRad:

Well, if nothing else it can be quite amusing if someone gets it all wrong, so please do go ahead; as said, your comment won't be revealed until the challenge is concluded anyway. That could be great fun actually, particularly as some authors in this thread have even stated how many entries they have. How about having that as a second challenge? People vote for whose story they think is whose?

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#78 | Posted: 9 Mar 2017 19:27
I'd only guess authors I really like, so hopefully a wrong guess would be seen as a compliment and not hurt someone's feelings. That would be my only concern.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#79 | Posted: 9 Mar 2017 20:35
I'm actually a little bit confused as to how we should be voting. I realize I'm nitpicking, and there may not be an answer to my question, but... Are we supposed to score on the quality of writing, or on how much we like it (ie. how much it pushes our individual buttons), or creativity and originality, or how believable it is (internal consistency, I guess), or a combination of all these?

So far I've been voting on creativity and believability and quality of writing, which means some stories got high scores that didn't push my buttons and were not my preferred type of plot at all, because the writing was really good. But maybe that's not how everyone else is voting?

How do we vote? Does everyone just vote according to our pet criteria? So one reader will vote on writing, and another votes on 'this is my favourite plotline'?

Yes, I do understand that making rules for how to vote would be opening a can o' worms. Still, I wonder.

Having lots of fun voting, by the way.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#80 | Posted: 9 Mar 2017 22:25
Burgundy:
I'm actually a little bit confused as to how we should be voting. I realize I'm nitpicking, and there may not be an answer to my question, but... Are we supposed to score on the quality of writing, or on how much we like it (ie. how much it pushes our individual buttons), or creativity and originality, or how believable it is (internal consistency, I guess), or a combination of all these?

So far I've been voting on creativity and believability and quality of writing, which means some stories got high scores that didn't push my buttons and were not my preferred type of plot at all, because the writing was really good. But maybe that's not how everyone else is voting?

How do we vote? Does everyone just vote according to our pet criteria? So one reader will vote on writing, and another votes on 'this is my favourite plotline'?

Yes, I do understand that making rules for how to vote would be opening a can o' worms. Still, I wonder.

Having lots of fun voting, by the way.

Yep, we deliberately don't state voting criteria as we have no way of enforcing it. Personally, I give a high score if I enjoy reading the story, but if it's sloppy writing or it has a heap of mistakes I deduct points ('Oh what a meanie!' I hear them cry :D), and I'll also award extra points for the quality of the writing (even if I don't like the story itself that much). If something stands out as being particularly well crafted/imaginative with a decent plot and believable characters and engages my interest, I may even give it a 10!

Because there are no guidelines on voting, it serves to illustrate that this is a Challenge intended as a bit of fun, and to create an opportunity for people to share their work. It's not an exam where you either pass or fail. Everyone's tastes are incredibly varied, and what one person might regard as utter bollox, another might hold in great esteem.

All I would ask of participating authors is please don't just award yourself a big fat 10 for your own story and then disappear ... please take the time to read and vote on the other entries too, and if something is especially to your liking, leave a comment.

Page  Page 8 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 8
Alef, jogreenknickers, Keith99
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9