Is a co-authored submission permitted?

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#62 | Posted: 28 Feb 2017 11:02
RosieRad:

Nope. See the rules, Rosie. It needs to be all your own work.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#63 | Posted: 28 Feb 2017 13:50
That's why I asked -- I wasn't sure if "all your own work" had to be a singular "you" or not because English is vague that way. Thanks for clarifying.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#64 | Posted: 1 Mar 2017 15:24
I can hardly believe it, but I'm actually joining this one.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#65 | Posted: 4 Mar 2017 21:31
Got two submissions done and submitted. I had a third idea too but didn't have time to develop that one. Maybe next time (or maybe it will fit a different challenge, or maybe I'll just write it as a regular library story at some point).

I'm looking forward to reading the entries, and to finding out what the next challenge will be.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#66 | Posted: 4 Mar 2017 21:33
RosieRad:

flopsybunny:
Nope. See the rules, Rosie. It needs to be all your own work.

It might be fun to do a co-authorship challenge sometime. It could lead to the development of some interesting new alliances.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#67 | Posted: 4 Mar 2017 21:53
RosieRad:
It might be fun to do a co-authorship challenge sometime. It could lead to the development of some interesting new alliances.

It's perhaps not a smart move for a Challenge. I know of some people who've had bad experiences co-authoring. Their co-author didn't deliver on time, went off at a tangent & deviated from the plan, turned out to be terrible at punctuating dialogue etc and expected the other person to sort it ... etc, etc. Plus, many writers actively want to do their own thing. I co-authored an ebook with DJ Black - The Lord and the Librarian, and that worked out pretty well and was fun to do, but even so, I much prefer writing solo. But there's nothing to stop you from co-writing a story for loading on the library, if you can find someone with similar interests and writing ability.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#68 | Posted: 5 Mar 2017 01:23
Well yes, co-authoring can be a challenge, but it is a "challenge" after all I thought it might be interesting to see what people came up with if "forced" to co-author, but if you don't like the idea, that's fine. I never liked group work in HS for many of the reasons you state, but a good collaboration can be a great thing.

AustCarr
Male Author

USA
#69 | Posted: 5 Mar 2017 08:06
Regardless of all the reservations, I'm looking forward to reading all the entries. With F/M having a decidedly minority status here, it will be nice to get a block of good stories all at once. Of course, the more entries CanadianSpankee and CrimsonKid put in, the better I'll be pleased.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#70 | Posted: 5 Mar 2017 12:49
Only a couple of days left now folks, so if you haven't even started to write, now would be a good time

Page  Page 7 of 12: «« 1 2  ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 11
crusingp, kid, myrkassi
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9