F/M Spanking Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 3 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 11 Feb 2017 01:32
canadianspankee:
Well let me see. One is having wet dreams over his spanking stories he was hoping to submit it a future Challenge. Now if that one's girlfriend or wife know what was happening, I would suggest the lady would not be very happy and perhaps apply a hairbrush to a bare butt . Of course that story would have to be written by some author who may have had the dreams, don't you think?

Are you writing this, or can I steal it?

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#22 | Posted: 11 Feb 2017 03:20
So far I have not thought of entering the Challenge. I wrote the quoted text above only to encourage you and others to enter the Challenges. I will not be writing such a story. Whatever story you choose to write Glagla is entirely up to you. We are not allowed to let others know anything about Challenge stories submissions so please do not say anymore on whether you decide to write it or not.

CS

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 11 Feb 2017 11:01
canadianspankee:
so please do not say anymore on whether you decide to write it or not.

No worries Canadian, it was meant as a joke. F/M is so far off my scale that it won't happen. You on the other hand are a master of this, so I fully expect you to kick in a minimum of five stories

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#24 | Posted: 11 Feb 2017 20:36
RosieRad:
I often have some element I want to include in a story, and wait for the muse to develop an idea around that element

Yeah, that sounds familiar. I usually have a theme before I have a plot. But I still gotta wait, though. The muse might take her sweet old time still...

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 11 Feb 2017 21:53
Burgundy:
RosieRad:
I often have some element I want to include in a story, and wait for the muse to develop an idea around that element

Yeah, that sounds familiar. I usually have a theme before I have a plot. But I still gotta wait, though. The muse might take her sweet old time still...

I don't get it; you guys can afford to have muses all over?! I have to come up with all my shit myself...

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 11 Feb 2017 23:42
Glagla:
No worries Canadian, it was meant as a joke. F/M is so far off my scale that it won't happen. You on the other hand are a master of this, so I fully expect you to kick in a minimum of five stories

Something to realize is that while the stories will be F/M in spanking gender orientation, the readers/voters for the most part still won't be, and I believe that what a non-F/M-oriented reader (especially an M/F-oriented one such as yourself) finds to be appealing in an F/M account isn't necessarily what an F/M-oriented reader would.

So your non-F/M (M/F) orientation could actually work to your advantage in terms of the Challenge's "competition," if you could come up with a competently-written F/M story at least.

That's my analysis anyway...

--C.K.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#27 | Posted: 12 Feb 2017 01:08
CrimsonKidCK:
the readers/voters for the most part still won't be

Really? I had assumed the M/F crowd would shun this challenge like the plague (only slightly exaggerating).
I thought most of the voters would be F/M enthusiasts only. How do the straight-M/F readers suppress their gag reflex for as long as it takes to get through the stories?

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 12 Feb 2017 01:42
CrimsonKidCK:
Something to realize is that while the stories will be F/M in spanking gender orientation, the readers/voters for the most part still won't be, and I believe that what a non-F/M-oriented reader (especially an M/F-oriented one such as yourself) finds to be appealing in an F/M account isn't necessarily what an F/M-oriented reader would.

So your non-F/M (M/F) orientation could actually work to your advantage in terms of the Challenge's "competition," if you could come up with a competently-written F/M story at least.

Ehm, I think you mean well, but your reasoning brought my confusion to a whole new level. I don't think any M/F readers will see any reason to read these stories at all, so the audience is most likely to be die hard F/M enthusiasts methinks.

Isn't it a bit contradictive when you say that a M/F writer might focus on different things than a real F/M writer and therefore be competitive? Isn't it more likely to be the other way around, that what a M/F writer produces in the F/M area would have a great chance of being utterly ridiculous to the sworn F/M reader?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 12 Feb 2017 04:57
Glagla:
CrimsonKidCK:

Ehm, I think you mean well, but your reasoning brought my confusion to a whole new level. I don't think any M/F readers will see any reason to read these stories at all, so the audience is most likely to be die hard F/M enthusiasts methinks.

Isn't it a bit contradictive when you say that a M/F writer might focus on different things than a real F/M writer and therefore be competitive? Isn't it more likely to be the other way around, that what a M/F writer produces in the F/M area would have a great chance of being utterly ridiculous to the sworn F/M reader?

Well, I don't think you're giving enough credit to non-F/M-oriented readers, notably M/F and F/F ones, via your failure to believe that many of those Library members who typically participate in other Challenges--which tend to be dominated by M/F and to a lesser degree F/F entries--would also read and vote in an F/M Story Writing Challenge.

The earlier F/M Challenge was "won" by a predominantly M/F writer, I believe. I'm a "sworn F/M reader," I suppose, yet I enjoyed that writer's first-place story and gave it a high score with my vote.

Also, even though I've correctly expected other Challenges to feature a large majority of M/F and F/F entries, when active here I've still made an effort to read and vote on every story in them, despite my F/M orientation--I'd venture that's what helps make the Challenges successful and enjoyable, the tradition of active members participating regardless of the gender orientation involved.

I'm not attempting to convince anyone who's not feeling inclined to submit an entry to do so, however--I'm merely stating that if the "winning" is important to you, or even if you're simply worried about "embarrassing yourself" with a poor story, being a primarily M/F or F/F author (or even a relatively rare M/M one) wouldn't necessarily preclude your entry from being popular in an F/M Challenge.

Still, of course it's entirely up to your personal discretion...

--C.K.

Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 12 Feb 2017 08:54
I think everyone is getting a little hot under the collar here. The point of a challenge is exactly that - to challenge. That can mean the reader as well as the writer.
Just remember that SOME authors are writing with absolutely NO actual experience of whatever they are writing about, whereas others are vastly experienced. Stories may challenge our belief in what we read on occasions, but this is FICTION after all!
We are all different in what we like, don't like, tolerate and will not tolerate. This is part of the charm of the library as all tastes can be satisfied if you look at the right stories, appropriate to your personal preference. I am M/F, but I have enjoyed some F/M stories, due to the story-line, not just the spanking action of F/M. I have also written a few F/M, with the worry that they will appear ridiculous to the F/M followers, but have found them well received by those precious few who have been decent enough to comment.
It would be a courtesy for us all to support the challenge, despite the fact that it is not our preference, unless reading against your choice is so distasteful, in which case, give it a miss. We need to support each other and be kind. Inspiration is a peculiar thing, and we need to follow it, so if it strikes, go for it, if it doesn't, wait until the time is right.
Let's enjoy the diversity, live and let live, as long as it lies within the guidelines of the library and stays within acceptable limits.

Page  Page 3 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 7
BrianC780, sherbro2001, txwolf208
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9